Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC XYZ Classification in Demand Planning SCM 702

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

We recently upgraded to SCM 702 from SCM 7 and I saw this new Forecast Accuracy Improvement stuff, which really looked great. I have done my ABC XYZ analysyis and classified the materials and I can group them using the same in interactive planning book. My idea was to use this selection in a background job to create a statistical forecast for only AX materials. (I found that 80% our company's sales come from less than 10% of materials). Unfortunately I am getting an error in SM37 which says ' Characteristic INTERN_XYZ_CLASS not contained in planning area'.

Can I get some help from somebody who has already used this?
Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

israel_cano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subash

the new function to classify your  CVC in ABC / XYZ creates a "virtual Characteristics" that could use to filter in interactive mode, normally it calls like your abc profile.

Instead of use a selection to forecast the AX, you can use the optimization function forecast the AX products with some particular forecast profile (the optimization function requires a composite forecast profile)

This option permits to run your forecast in background

Regards

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Israel,

Thanks for your respone. That is what I have gleaned from interaction with SAP. I have also found out some other limitations but this is still a bood thing to have as you can classify the materials(I am only doing it for Planning Level 'Material'). It would have been great to have this option as a selection criteria for background jobs, like my alert jobs, where I would be looking only at AX and BX.

Subash

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhash,

I am just throwing you an idea

A quick custom Z program can be written to update an attribute in an infoobject which is used as Characteristic in your MPOS.  Preferably it should be at Material or Material Location or Material Location Customer level.

If this can be done you will have SKU Segmentation achieved using ABC / XYZ Classification. You will be able to use that "attribute" as selection criteria in the PBook and also while running the background jobs.

Let me know if you think this is feasible/helpful.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

We are already working on this in our sandbox to use these as nav Attributes for our Product characteristic.
Just imagine the work involved not only in DP but also so many reports out of BI which feed other reports. That is why I feel SAP did not go the whole nine yards on this. You see it in interactive planning but can't use them as filter values for background jobs...sort of not OK.

Subash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subash,

Please check,  Whether you have assigned a classification profile to the planning area?

Below SAP help links has details about prerequisites and configuration steps which are required for ABC XYZ analysis.

ABC/XYZ Classification and Forecast Optimization - Forecast Accuracy Improvements - SAP Library

Hope this will give you some hint.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish.

I have assigned the Classification profile to the planning area,of course, as otherwise I would not be able to 'see' that in my planning book. I had also asked SAP about this and as per them 'at this stage' it can not be used as a 'filter' for background jobs. As many times before SAP comes out with something wondeful but has not taken it to the full level of utilization. Maybe at some future release they will...

Thanks aagin,

Subash

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Subash for the details.

Besides, as a good practice (as per The Rules of Engagement defined by SCN), if your problem is resolved then please mark question as "Answered" or "Assumed Answered". or Else let us know if you need any additional information.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare