cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesmen's mail address missing in the employee partner function in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The email ID's are correctly maintained for the Sales Employees in the HR Master Data profiles (PA20 -> Infotype 0105 Subtype 0010). But when we check the Sales Order Header data under Partner Functions for the Sales Employee the Email ID Field and the Communication method are blank. Please find attached screenshot for the same. Could anyone of you advise how these fields are populated in the partner functions. I am an HR consultant and not much familiar with Sales side.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

This is not designed in standard SAP (see note 685866 which suggests a modification). If you want to avoid a modification, you need to create the sales representative as contact or customer but then you would lose some standard functionalities in SD (ex. reporting). To be discussed with your SD consultant.

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bernhard for the information.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends!

Thank you for your contribution. Have shared the analysis done so far with our SD team and they are working on the solution.

Regards,

Vish

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa:

go to VD02, enter 108980, from there if you maintain the email address it will get copied to the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

108980 - John Schnell is the ZE - Sales Employee. VD02 is to change the Customer Data. On entering 108980 in this transaction as you mentioned, gives a different name for some customer in the system and not the one we require. Like I said before, the details like mail id for the Sales Employee is maintained in the HR side via transaction PA30 -> Info type 105 -> Subtype 0010.

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is bit different here in SD, SO will not take the email address from PA30 as far as I know.

try vap2 and enter 108980. see if you get John Schnell and if you can, maintain the email there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

In transaction VAP2 we maintain the Contact Person details but in this case 108980 is the Sales Employee and not the Contact Person. Just to let you know when we enter this 108980 in VAP2 transaction we get "Partner 0000108980 has not been created" error message which is correct since he doesn't belong to the Contact Person Partner Profile.

Regards,

Vish

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

I see, in such case you may need to check in vd02 for customer 105492 for partner functions assigned there. I would assume you can find 108980 there. and if you maintain it there, it will get copied to sales order. I guess in your case no master data is created for sales employee and thus you probably need to maintain it in customer master level repeatedly.

Let me know if I am wrong again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VD02 too there is no entry for 108980 Sales Employee in the contact person tab. No partner function for sales employee. The master data for Sales Employee is present in HR side but in SD side not sure where that is maintained.

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case, I would wonder, do you use any user exit to fill partner function for sales order header? in your screen shot the sales employee is there at the partner function tab, if not user exit, is it entered manually?

I'm not familiar with HR side but from standard SD the partner function in sales header would come from the customer master depending on the partner function determination config. I was trying to get a quick fix for you but now it seems to be more complex, do you have a SD person in your team?

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See also SAP Note 677377 - E-mail to credit representative as a template

Regards

Eduardo