cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Standard Components in SAP PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we work with the standard Components provided by SAP( CLM,SRM and SAP APPL). The DT, MT ,MM and OM provided in the standard component can be used directly in configuration(ID)? Or is it advices to copy these ESR objects from standard  SWCV to user defined( client specific) SWCV and namespace?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja - It depends.

Do you feel the need to change any thing in the standard content such as mapping logic/addition of new fields etc?

If so then you might have to create a new SWCV and copy the objects etc as mentioned by Ricardo.

But if there is no such thing then i would go with the standard content directly and i don't maintain 2 SWCV for the same puppose.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pooja,

Sugestion.

Create a new SWCV into SLD and insert this new SWCV as dependency of stantard SWCV for PO etc.. will be more save for you change or modify something outside original SWCV SAP.

For exemple, I must change some operation mappings, and DT for stantard package SAP BONF-e 10.0, for that, I created a SWCV ZNFE10 and import as a dependencie for SAP BO NF-e 10.0, now I can change objects without affect the original package delivered from SAP.

You can use direclty in cofiguration, the integration scenarious, interface mapping, operation mapping, service interface, DT, MT you can´t.

Kind regards,

BR.

Ricardo Viana.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Viana