cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User login logout tracing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to track the total time a particular user has worked in SAP for a particular period. Say a week, month or so. Is there any  standard method or do I need to do to fetch such report. Also can I achieve like that user is logged in with which IP along with its hostname ?

Will be glad to hear from my experts. I know this is very basic question but I am sure will find a way for this.

Regards,

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can get login and logout times, plus hostnames, from the audit log - transaction SM20. It won't directly give you a total logged in time, but you should be able to easily persuade a spreadsheet to calculate that for you.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently using this method but the report is not satisfactory. There are many duplicate records plus lots of manual work needs to be done in excel to achieve result. I think there should be some other way too. Would appreciate if think little more.....

Hemant

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a little manual work in Excel. Not a lot, though, I don't think.

There is no standard report that will do what you want, so the alternative to manipulation in Excel is to write a custom ABAP report to do it. There will be BAPIs to read the audit log - maybe look through the code for SM20, or even copy it to use as your starting point. If you are going to do this a lot, it may be worth the effort. If it is just occasional, Excel might be better.

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On a completely unrelated note, I don't think the SAP GUI space is the right place to ask this question. It is probably better asked in the space, or maybe the space.

Steve.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos