cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are getting following error during UD .

Enter a material

Message no. M7014

Diagnosis

The material number is necessary for document selection.

Procedure

Enter a material number (it is possible to enter an interval).

If you do not know the material number, press F4 to search for it.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide some more details. What did you do when you got this error? What are the setting you have maintained and if this is first time or you were able to give UD before  this?

KJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

In QA32, I select the inspection lot.

Press button "Usage Descision".. Accept the lot. Enter qty for unrestricted stock.

During save I am getting error.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As we stated..that's a UD you are trying to do.  It's actually transaction QA11.

Can you tell as the statuses that on the lot?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status is : INSP RREC SPRQ

Screen shot of UD is attached

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

As per your screen shot, UD has been completed for this inspection lot but stock posting is yet to be done. Can you paste the screen error which you get when you go for saving the lot after posting the qty in Unrestricted?

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

During UD, we accept the lot and qty entered in restricted to unrestricted and SAVE.

during save I am getting following error (pl. see screen shot, left bottom -- status bar -- "Enter Material") :

Enter a material

Message no. M7014

Diagnosis

The material number is necessary for document selection.

Procedure

Enter a material number (it is possible to enter an interval).

If you do not know the material number, press F4 to search for it.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I find this very strange. Is there any enhancement done with the transaction? What is the 'posting proposal ud' with the UD code associated??

Besides, is this the first time you have faced this error or you were able to successfully close the inspection lot before ? If yes is past, is there any recent change with the settings.

You missed to paste the screen, in your last post, with error where it asks for the material number.

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check you config for the stock posting lines and check what material movement you have assigned to each stock posting line.

The error message in status line of the screen you posted reminds me of the error you get if you don't enter a material number in "New material" when you post qty on the "To New Material" line.

Check that the material movements assigned to each line is correct.  Also make sure the following user exits are not being used.  If they are, double check to see what they are doing.

QEVA0009 UD: Predefinition of quantity to be posted to sample stock 
  QEVA0010 UD: Usage decision check                                   

Craig

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

What are follow-up action you assigned to UD selected set code? Have you done any custome development under follow-up action FM? I guess this should be an issue. Just check and let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

I have create a customer message at SAP.

Problem is solved. SAP has suggested Note : 1841474.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great !! So there was something wrong with the standard thing. Thanks for sharing this note,I'll check it. May kindly close this thread and pl mark your post with note number as correct

ntn

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would love to know about an inspection lot without a material number. How did you get it? I sense an error in the logic at first place before investigating about the error you gave.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the material number and status of the lot in the above screenshot. This error might due to custom programming or due to material to material transfer as system expects another material to copy the results.

Regards,

Mahee

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nirav...

QA32 is a worklist. The error you are reporting is with the UD that is being accessed via the worklist.  While maybe nit picking here, it's an important distinction.  Your topic header should be changed.

You need to provide way more info as Karen has pointed out.  I would first be asking why you would be making a UD on a lot with no material number?  There must be something else wrong with this.  Please copy and paste the Status codes associated with this lot.  That will help a lot. 

A screen shot of the QA03 screen could help too.

Craig

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav

Could you please provide a more details  of your error.

Is after selecting the inspection lot, when you click on usage decision you are getting this or in initial screen of QA32 you are getting this error.

Regards

Kesava