cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS L/C & Bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to integrate L/C functionalists of GTS with a Bank so that communications can be setup between them?

Is there any link or documentation? Any insights would be helpful.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Yes, an integration exists between the L/C and the banks (both Advising and Issuing bank). Also, apart from print outputs of L/C, it is possible to provide communication back to the Banks ,both while creation and change of L/C through EDI.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aman for confirming.

Now is there a way you could tell me how to go about setting up the communications with banks through EDI.

Is there any documentation or link you would suggest?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

This will be like a normal EDI connection with the involvement of a middle ware platform. It is quite similar to the way, we will do electronic declarations to the customs authorities from the SAP GTS system i.e. again through EDI connections. Although, I couldn't locate document for this case but yes, please find the link on settings dealt with in the case of EDI connections for electronic customs declarations.

Communication between SAP GTS, EDI Converter, and Customs Author (SAP Library - System Administratio...

Please note that this is just the case where we are using a 3rd party system with SAP GTS for data interchange

Hope this will give you a fair amount of idea. Still, if you have any particular queries, please feel to ask.

Regards,

Aman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Such a scenario is indeed possible, however it is not an elementary one and needs some effort.

Message interchange with a bank is best done in SWIFT message format,native to financial sector,  as Amandeep mentioned you`d need a middleware to relay and translate the content. SAP PI/XI (BPO) has a library for SWIFT messages, or you can use Conversion Agent addon. Alternatively you can use Seeburger BIS.

On GTS side you might have to extend the LoC maintenance screen, setup PPF messages,.. etc.

.. On a high level, for more try searching the topic on PI forums, or SWIFT category 7 messages

Cheers,

Branio

Branislav Petricek