Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinging web service not working

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a Web service to RFC scenario. The complete scenario is as mentioned below:

Third party (Web service) -> XML Gateway (pass through) -> PI (Convert WS into RFC) -> ECC

This is a synchronous scenario. Third party here is also an SAP PI system. They are doing their configuration in SOA manager. They have created  a logical port for the proxy. The connection between third party and XML Gateway is fine as I checked via telnet.

Problem is that when third party PI system tries to connect (via 'ping web service' option), we are getting the following issue:

Error      SRT Framework exception: Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions: SRT: Couldn't create Object: ("ICF Error when creating HTTP client object by Config for URL -----

I would like to check if connection is already set up and telnet working, might this be a network issue or some configuration being missed ?

Thanks,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to be clear, you're having issues at this point:

Third party (Web service) -> XML Gateway (pass through)

You are seeing the ICF error in the PI system (Third Party)?

Can you check the ICM trace file from TX: SMICM in the PI system?

Does the URL in the SRT error look correct?

Are you using HTTP or HTTPs?

Thanks,

Darryl

former_member195202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are correct that the issue is with

Third party (Web service) -> XML Gateway (pass through)

and I am finding the error in third party PI system.

I have checked the log in ICM trace file in PI system but I did not find anything related to the xml gateway. I have been confirmed that the URL is correct but when I check the same link via web browser it does not display the page (404, page not found)....I doubt there is some issue with URL, but before that I wanted to check if I am missing some config part here.

Thanks,

Ravi.

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know anything about XML Gateway, but I would have thought you should be expecting something other than a 404 error from the URL.

Having said that, it's possible that you are only supposed to be "POST"ing to the URL, and not "GET"ing.
Maybe someone with XML Gateway knowledge can advise.