Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring - Job Monitoring

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

once I've heared about the possibility, to monitor also Jobs in Technical monitoring of solman.

I could not find a guide for this in on the internet.

Does someone know, how to set up alerts for jobs.

E.g. I would like to monitor the job runetime of specific jobs (e.g. MRP-Run) and if it runs to long or aborts I would like to get an alert.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Raghav_S
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Did you succed in the setup? What is your feedback.

Regards, Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

I just wanted to inform you that by default the configuration of CCMS to monitor jobs include already alerts for all long run time (you just need to amend the threshold...)

Regards

a

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the CCMS of the source system you can see failed jobs in the monitoring tree.

If you setup this monitor in CCMS on Solution Manager you could see this centrally.

I don't know of a way of monitoring the actual runtime of the jobs.  You would have to construct your own monitor/job for that.

Maybe some form of generic BSP that could be called through GRMG.  If the job name is passed on the URL, then the HTTP response code could be adjusted according to the job runtime target and trigger point.  A HTTP 200 is returned for runtime under x seconds and HTTP 500 for over x seconds.  This would flag up as red in GRMG.  You could also monitor this in some external tools such as Netcool or OpenView.