cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call SAP from Non-SAP RFC program

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a scenario Non-SAP RFC->XI->SAP RFC.

Non SAP RFC server has a technical system( external to IS-SAP Media) that has to send RFC call to IS SAP Media via XI. Currently system is in place without XI.

External technical sytem uses C compiled RFC program generated by RFC SDK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using .Net also it is possible.

Is this possible through JCo interface? Or else what other mechanisms can be followed.

This is also possible through JCo. The main reason we opt for JCo is to achieve the above mentioned functionality from an

external system (non SAP) eg: creating materials in SAP from a external application. This is where you mainly need the help

of JCo.

Hope this will solve your problem. Let me know if you need anything more.

See

Pls check /people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/06/05/web-services-the-case-of-the-missing-soap-action-header

/people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2005/07/26/remote-enable-your-rfchosttoip-to-return-host-ip-to-jco

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/47/80f671ee6e4b41b63c0fe46bd6e4f8/content.htm

http://www.sapgenie.com/faq/jco.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra Sekhar,

We are using XI as the standard integration broker for all other interfaces.

How to achieve this with XI? We have tested this scenario without using XI ( using RFC API)

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore ,

use Sender RFC for sending system for non-sap system but you u need use advanced option in RFC adapter to accomdate this .

Sender RFC (Sender adapter)-XI-ReciverRFC(SAP Receiver adapter).

but make sure you use adavaced option to select ur non-sap server and gatway details

regards

sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is to send message from external Non SAP RFC program . Currently they have RFC API to communicate with SAP. Do I need to deploy ABAP proxies in external RFC program. Or is there any other solution to send message from external system to SAP via XI( Inbound to SAP) ?

kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

<i>Currently they have RFC API to communicate with SAP.</i> - See you have a RFC API to communicate with SAP R/3.....then you can update it for communicating with XI.....you will just need to provide IP adres of XI system, its username and password so that your external system can connect to XI....then in XI you will have a sender RFC adpter to communicate wiht your external system... Then your external system RFC data will reach XI which then you can send to SAP via a recver RFC adpter in XI.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

kishor,

Do I need to deploy ABAP proxies in external RFC program

>>>NO.

their many ways to send data from external systems. use Javaproxies or JMS or file or RFC or HTTP or Webserivces.

as you have RFC settings you can use same RFC from non-sap system . In XI RFC adapter is desinged to receive data from non-SAP system which are RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please clarify what is sender system is it SAP or non-SAP, and receiver system .

becz you mensioned the sender as non-SAP is it right?if yes see the above links

if no the sender is SAP then no prob, you can use RFC as sender or proxies .

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

I will configure as you suggested. But still I am doubtful. Non-sap RFC program is not a custom built but the RFC stub(C++ compiled by RFC SDK) without using XI.

My question is whether Non-SAP RFC program will recognize XI adapter and send the information via RFC parameters.

kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

That means for inbound from external RFC program to SAP I don't need any proxy.

What about outbound process( from SAP RFC to Non-SAP RFC)? do I need any proxy?

Currently without XI Non-SAP RFC destination is registered in the IS-Media customizing / configuaration setting. Do I need to change that to XI- RFC destination?

kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is whether Non-SAP RFC program will recognize XI adapter and send the information via RFC parameters.

Yes it will do if you have given correct details about ur server other details in adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about outbound process( from SAP RFC to Non-SAP RFC)? do I need any proxy?

if you want to send data using proxy you can use it instead of RFC

Answers (0)