Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Released to accounting

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the posting block at my Billing document type.So Any user trying to create billing in VF01 and while saving system will create excise invoice in Background and In VF02--Document flow shows the Status as blocked.So One authorised user will release to accounting after complete check.

Now the issue is --Some of the billing documents which has shown the error of Account determination after saving through VF01.

So I found out the reason that Proper account assignment category assignments has been missed--So i assigned proper GL in VKOA.

But while going to VF02 & saved again--- it was directly posted to accounting---why?

This posting block at Billing document type will not be having any impact if the document has been found with Account determination error--Is it So?

Pl help for better understanding.

Phanikumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Dee that this is a good thread for learning (working of posting block) and for revising!

Important comment is if there is a posting block set, then accounting document shall not be created!

Irrespective of any other thing.

ONLY after releasing the billing document, could there is a possibility of creating the accounting document.

But for the creation of accounting document, all the pre-requisites should be OK!

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for helping me. I find the answer.

I tested this in my system. First I activated the Posting block in billing type in VOFA.

So system will show the message of ""No accounting document generated""

So once after going to VF02-i released it manually.

So the Billing document has been saved with accounting entries.

Now I removed the GL account in VKOA for my combination of Application+Condition type+Chart of accounts+Customer A/C assignment category+Material A/C Assignment category.

Again I repeated the sales cycle--so system has shown the message "No accounting document generated""

Now I have gone to VF02--and released it manually--this time thrown a message of Error in account determination.

So again I reassigned my GL Back in VKOA for the selected combination.

Now i have moved to VF02--and released manually---billing doc saved with accounting entries.

So i find the following things.

1.you can see the message of "No accounting document generated""-if you activate posting block in VOFA.

2.So In VF02--released manually --then only can search for relevant GL account assignment(this is what was happened when my end user done)

3.Most importantly--at this given situation--After assigning Proper GLs--VF02--Save--Automatically--Accounting document generated(Because it was already released).

So thanks for helping me.

Mr Leonard Tan: Really i have to appreciate your help in solving this thread.Thanks yar.

Thread closed.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani, You are welcome. Glad to help.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Good that you figured out the problem .

Ultimately, the unique combination of Posting Block and Account Determination Issue together in tandem created your situation.

I believe, in standard process, if it is normal Account Determination Error Issue the moment it is corrected and you save the SD Billing Document, you will be able to get the Accounting Document generated.

Another thing is that you can get "SD Billing Document created - No Accounting Document generated "[ something similar but not exactly the same wordings though] Message, at the time of creation, even in cases where there is Account Determination Error, without actually system saying that this is because of Account Determination Error. I have seen that.

I am reminded of this kind of situation years back so it is a kind of rediscovery for me. I also know why this issue was bugging me, even though it seems to be a minor one with respect to features.

Good work

Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phani,

Have you tested this in IDES? What were the findings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I did some test on my system. Need clarification to reconstruct your steps.

1. You have created Invoice (w account determination issue). This document is showing posting status "A - Billing Document blocked for forwarding to FI" after you saved.  I assume it says Billing doc saved. Account document not created.

2. This is the step that is critical.  How did you find out that there is account determination issue?

Now, what I did here is do a release to account.  When this happens, the Posting Status changed to "B - Posting document not created (account determ. error).  From this point onwards, the system is not going to know if the Billing Type is flagged as "Posting Block".

3.  Therefore after step 2, the system is assuming that you have previously flagged for release and after you correct the acctassgrG, it will transfer to FI.

Again Step 2 is critical.  Let me know what is the step taken so that we could figure this out together.

Thanks

Leonard

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonard,

Attn: Phani.

[Apologies, this will be a long explanation].

I believe you are onto something here and that is the likely issue.

There are two different things here :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customizing Action # 1] - Account Determination :

The Account Determination Problem what Phani has been talking about is not something which should happen in the normal course of Billing Process.

This is an action which should have been in place originally but in theory this can happen once a while, if you are let us say doing something in Pricing Design which was not done in the past, like Creating a New Condition Type and underlying Account Key link to Account Determination.

Customizing Action # 2] - Posting Block :

What Phani has implemented is a feature which is based on the settings you create in the SD Billing Type.

This setting can be done as part of the Billing Type creation or can be made later on.

triggered later on too. He has done it later on. 

What the check box is expected to do is not to send the Billing Inputs/Information OR in other words POST THE DOCUMENT to FI Accounting Automatically.

The normal process here is that this is done the moment the Billing Document is created. In fact, as part of the creation of the Billing Document Process this action of Posting to Financial Accounts happens.

Transaction Level Action: There is a RELEASE TO ACCOUNTING Action which you have to take after creating every Billing Document. This should Release the Document for Posting to FI Accounting.

If there is nothing missing this goes through without any issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEQUENCE OF ACTIONS

[Phani: Sorry for second guessing and trying to be your spokesman ]

What I can understand so far here is what must have happened[Phani correct me if I am wrong]:

1)  Posting Block Configuration done in Customizing; 

2)  After that the Billing Document Transaction was created; 

3)  On creating the Billing Document, noticed that there was an Account Determination Error[Menu Path: Billing Document Change > Overview > Environment > Account Determination Analysis > Revenue Accounts].

4)  Went ahead and performed Action # 1] Account Determination Error Corrections

5)  Billing Document Change and then saved the document. At this time I am not sure if Phani noticed the Account Determination Analysis or not but does not matter now.

6) Noticed that the Billing Document has been Posted to Accounting, inspite of the Posting Block without being Released to Accounting. That is the whole intent of Posting Block.

The way the Billing Document is to be released to Accounting is to click on an Icon[Green Flag] on the Billing Document Change Overview [there is another place too which is not relevant for our discussion]. This is how the whole Action # 2 is expected to accomplish.

If it is normal billing and as part of the that process if there is no Account Determination Issues[which is not in normal cases] there would have been no need to do the Release to Accounting click.

................................................................................................................................................................

Based on your observation, may be this is what the case could be[never came across this thing in my consulting career so far] :

In cases if there is a Posting Block Customizing done and then you find that there is a Account Determination Issue, the subsequent action of correcting the Account Determination Issue is similar to removing the Posting Block [ irrespective of whether the Block exists at Customizing Level or not ] the document is ready to be released to accounting and when you save the document that is what happens.

That is what I understand from your analysis.

Hope this helps in the resolution.

Thanks.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dea sea,

Thanks for your understanding and what you described is the exact  issue which i am facing.

i was in a dilemma that if any billing doc observed with account determination error-once if i am repairing--then it may overlaps the posting block too.

I posted this query to get more clarification.

Note: Dear other members--need your input here.

Dear Leonard,

Thanks for your reply in helping me.system will show this error of account determination at the time saving in VF01 in status bar.(Reply to your second query)

Currently IDES is not with me --let me try on your reply.

Phanikumar

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please clarify few points..

1.from which document type you copied ZC01? or manually created?

2.after creation/repair/release of billing document did u the check complete document flow with accounting document?

3.what is account key you are using anything like EVV(Cash clearing) for PR00 condition type?

in that case it will not generate accounting document.no impact of posting block for cash sales process

4.Try to copy one more time with standard billing document and recheck the scenario.

5.please share screen of document flow & Business scenario.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

You are welcome.  My offer is to repeat the same issue you face in my system and below is what i've tested in my ECC 6.0 environment.

Without Posting Block Checked in Billing Doc Config.

Creation of Billing Document WOPB with account determination error.  Posting Status is reflecting as "Error in accounting interface" before saving (VF01) and "B Posting Document Not Created (Account determ. Error" after saving(VF03).  This is another inconsistency with your system.

With Posting Block Checked in Billing

Creation of Billing Doc WPB with account determination error.  Posting status is reflected as "A Billing document blocked for forwarding to FI" both before and after saving.

Now in VFX3, Billing Doc WPB is reflected as accounting block, while billing doc WOPB is reflected as "acct determin. error". 

What's really interesting here is the difference in Posting Status in VF01 between your system and mine.  With posting block checked, my billing block is reflected as "A Billing document blocked for forwarding to FI" instead of what you have observed "Account Determination Error".  This is the inconsistency that I've noticed.

Thanks

Leonard

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can Anybody guide me on this please...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have exhausted all config options, this is what i would do.

1. Go to USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP and set a break point.

2. Then go to VF02.

3.Once you reach the break point in debugger, set a watchpoint on VBRK-RFBSK and listen for changes and continue

4. Thereafter you will see exactly what happens to the posting block.

Hope this helps.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leonard Tan,

Thanks for helping me--i think i might have missed some configuration which has to be checked completely before checking at Exit level.

Can you guide me what other configurations need to be checked other Than VOFA--Posting block.

Unfortunately this was happening only in case where-ever accounting determination error occurs--The Other documents are perfectly working as required.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phani,

You can call me Leonard.   Unfortunately, I do not think you miss out any other config. I believe by default SAP Account Determination remove the Posting Block automatically once all the criteria matches after an account determination error.

PS. Unfortunately I do not have my system with me to do a quick debug for you.

Cheers

Leonard

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you set a Posting Block for a billing type, definitely, system will not release an accounting document when you save the billing document, unless you click the green flag. 

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir-I was also thinking the same--But once after the missing assignments in VKOA--just i gone to VF02--Enter the document number--and save.(Only saved the document-nothing  i have done)

But surprisingly Released to accounting--Why?

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recheck your billing type configuration whether Posting Block is there.  As already indicated, if the billing document is posting an accounting document though the block is set, then you need to check any user exit is playing.  Also can you tell me whether all such billing documents are posting accounting document or only a few ?

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir--As i stated earlier whenever any billing document created through this Billing Type(ZC01) in VF01 are always going for Block.(if there is no such kind of errors like Account determination)

But any document which was identified with this error --after VKOA assignments--once if i go to VF02--enter the number--Just save---Surprisingly accounting document created.(May be Common in IDES too--let me try)

As of my knowledge--there is no exits playing here--all standard configurations only.

Can you help me--where to check this exits playing here?

Also see the screen shot--of VOFA for my ZC01 Billing type-

Phanikumar