cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing after closing Master agreement in CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if there is any chance for editing a master agreement in CLM after closing it (Note: open Master Agreement in edit mode click on Document--> Close to make master agreement "Closed").

Actually we have closed a master agreement in our CLM system and master agreement went into display mode (non editable mode) and master agreement title updated with a tag "Closed" as in below screen shot.

How ever for some reason the MA "Closed" information has not been published to ECC (due to some transmission failures!!) and respective out line agreement line items have not marked with deletion flag. Users are still able to create release orders in ECC against same out line agreement. At this moment, we neither be able to set deletion flag to out line agreement in ECC (manually), nor able to reopen master agreement in CLM to publish details. In summary CLM and ECC are not in sync with respect to that particular master agreement. We have to resolve this issue on priority to avoid further impact.

I request you to suggest if any one have come across such a situation and fixed it. I appreciate your quick response, which helps us in resolving a high priority issue.

With best regards,

Prabhakar

Message was edited by: prabhakar pisapati Attaching screen shot for clarity

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not been able to fix this either by Scripting or CSV Import.  I was able to fix this at the database level but would not post that as a solution since direct access to the database is not reccommended or supported.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I second that. Editing a canceled / closed MA is not possible unless tried at the DB level. But at the database level changes are not that simple as it may sound. It'd be best not to try the DB alteration option.

In the feed which sends the information from CLM to ECC have you tried to send another record in it which marks this MA as Deleted?

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Can you please elaborate how to send information from CLM to ECC when MA in CLM already closed and further editing is not possible?

With regards,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was referring to a scenario when the outbound feed file is produced by CLM and before it is picked up by the external system process, an entry can be inserted into the outbound file. Of course to begin with the outbiund file would not have any entry for that MA that was canceled, but it can be manually inserted.

This can be used as a workaround if feasible in your case. I am not sure if this is applicable during the publishing of outline agreements but you can explore the feasibility.

Thanks,

Vikram