cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed query not returning results on numeric nulls/blanks - 14.0 SP04

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are attempting to query data in MII 14 SP04 and the fixed query is not returning results for database columns that are numeric types (Integer, Float, Number).  We had no issues with this in MII 14.0 (No SP's applied) Here's an example:

I have selected 2 records with 4 columns.  This first select is out of my database and you can see MINVALUE is blank.

When I run the exact same select statement in MII, the CREATEDBY value is shifted into the MINVALUE column.  I also listed the results set from a bls and itss also showing the incorrect data (CREATEDBY isn't even listed in the rows).

If I update the table and set MINVALUE to "0", I get the expected results in MII

I do realize that by going through my database and updating all blanks to zeros or changing the column type to a non numeric field will fix this issue, but it would cause a lot of rework.  Just wondering if anyone has seen a work around or a fix for this?  I didn't see anything when searching OSS.

Thanks,

George Matos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the responces.  Due to our upgrade deadline we remvoed SP4 and implemented MII 14.0 SP0 Patch 6 and it fixed the issue.

Thanks,

George

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Try to upgrade to MII 14.0 SP04 Patch Level 1 which was released few days ago (09.01.2014). I just tried the same (but using SQL Server) and seems to be working fine.

Cheers,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

It could be a problem with the JDBC driver too.. What JDBC driver are you using to connect with Oracle?

Also, in your SQL Query, did you try adding NVL statement and check if the null values are getting handled while querying?

You can do this by giving a query like

Select table.Id, table.DescKey, NVL(table.MIN,0) table.min, table.CreatedBy from table

I am not sure if it would work, I have never used it .

Regards

Tufale Ashai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Looks like a bug in SP4. You can raise a issue with SAP.

I tried the same thing in MySQL server with MII 14.0 SP0 and it worked fine.

But point to note was that MySQL saves the value as NULL instead of nothing.

see the screenshot:

In your case, my guess is that MII engine is not able to create the result properly because the value for the MINVALUE for the second row is coming as nothing i.e. 0 byte data. But this should be handled properly bu MII.

Which database are you using?

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

We are using oracle 11g.

Thanks,

George