cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Management Export to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've searched on what I'll assume is a frequently-asked question:  Can the Resource and Staffing Overview dashboards / Workcenters  (in PFM, not cProjects)  be exported to Excel, as they are in cProjects?

I know there are SAP consulting solutions available for this, but I can't seem to find any BAdI or Note that readily allows this, without having to go through WDP ABAP.  Anyone know if this is possible, standard?

Thanks in advance!

Lawrence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Another one of those things you scratch your head and wonder, why is this not standard. I am sure I am just confirming what you already know, in that this is not available standard. In fact, I had the same request a few weeks ago. In our case, we will be using BI to report on resources which of course allows export to excel, so the need wasn't compelling enough to do custom development.

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lashan,

I guess I was hopeful that there's another way other than custom.  I was really looking forward to seeing if the "Export to Excel" piece was made standard, like they did in Financial Planning  (Note 1759188 - Enhancing the financial and capacity planning UIs)

The foregone option for us is an older consulting solution, of which functionality like BCV in 5.0 used to be implemented exclusively as part of the CS, but as charts in WDPA.

http://download.sap.com/SMIGlobal/download.epd?context=08BD78FD754547662E448D9DC30E2A18D9C4722E75AE1...

The export button also comes as "standard" in this CS.  If that makes sense at all

Unfortunately the CS does cost more than simply doing configuration, but for what it's worth, the cost quoted to us wasn't as much as I had previously thought.  I won't say for obvious reasons, but perhaps others might benefit from it if cost isn't so much a factor!

Thanks again Lashan!

Lawrence

Answers (0)