cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ERP 6.0 with EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have done ERP 6.0 installs before but none with an EHP, so please guide me here. The client has requested a fresh install of ERP 6.0 with EHP7. They plan to use IS-RETAIL on this system. I Would like to do an install so that my system level is EHP7 right away. So my questions are:

1) In software download section on marketplace, I see EHP7 for ERP 6.0 section, where i can see the installation export files. My understanding is that I would use these to do a fresh install. But when i used these installation exports, it gave me a system which only had MDG_APPL , SAP_APPL and SAP_FIN at the 617 level. Rest of the components were still at 600 level ??? I read at a couple of places that this is normal (this system is just EHP7 ready) and to bring rest of the components at EHP7 level, I would have to do an EHP7 upgrade, correct ?

2) If it is true that I need to upgrade rest of the components to EHP7 manually after the install, then how would i do it. Do i generate a stack.xml file form solution manager and then download the required files and then use SUM  or do i download the UPGRADE EXPORT Files under the upgrade section in the marketplace (around 13 of them) ???

3) If I just want to use IS-RETAIL in the system, then should i upgrade just that to EHP7 or is it advised to upgrade all the components to EHP7 like EA_HR, SP_HR, FICA, EA-DIMP,  IS-UT, IS-H, etc etc ?

4) Why wouldnt SAP release installation files that would install all the components at EHP7 level right away for you ???

Please help me in understanding some of these.

thank you,

BV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

When you install a new system only the central components will be at target level (eg: EHP7) and this is normal.

You need to plug the system into the Solution Manager and then create a stack file for upgrading the other components to the expected level.

You cannot do an upgrade with the export or installation media files.

You can upgrade one component but there are dependencies involved (an expected patch level) and you will need to take care of them.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan and karthikeyan. Follow up question:

1. In what scenarios will the "upgrade export" files be used from the EHP 7 for ECC 6.0 upgrade section in software downloads??? Are they used when we are upgrading from ecc 6.0 ehpX to ehp 7 ?? if so, what all components will it upgrade ? just the central application components or all the components in the system like IS-RETAIL, FINBASIS etc too ?

I am trying to understand the difference between using these upgrade files vs the files that Mopz calculates for you.

2) from your comments, it looks like it is okay just to upgrade one of the components to higher ehp along with its dependencies . But is that the common approach out there or do customers prefer to upgrade all components at the same time ?

Thanks

BV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

. In what scenarios will the "upgrade export" files be used from the EHP 7 for ECC 6.0 upgrade section in software downloads??? Are they used when we are upgrading from ecc 6.0 ehpX to ehp 7 ?? if so, what all components will it upgrade ? just the central application components or all the components in the system like IS-RETAIL, FINBASIS etc too ?

Upgrade export are used to upgrade lower releae like 4.7c release to EHP7. Only the the central components would be upgraded by this DVD's. Can only be used for upgrade for those release.

from your comments, it looks like it is okay just to upgrade one of the components to higher ehp along with its dependencies . But is that the common approach out there or do customers prefer to upgrade all components at the same time ?

EHP means enhanced features delivered by sap so you please go ahead with those patches .

Yes its common approach. Why would you like to get all the enhancement if its not needed in your system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes your system is EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0 when you see the SAP_APPL and EA-APPL is at 617. Other software components would be at 600 patch 91 (SAP_HR, EA-HR, IS-CWM, IS-H, and IS-OIL).

2. Yes, use MOPZ to generate a stack file along with the product IS-RETAIL which will automatically add necessary other components and required patches to your stack file. Basically as like other upgrades MOPZ will take care of other dependents.

3. Later use SUM to apply these add-ons and patches.

regards

kartik