cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base unit of measure wrong updation against material master in CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

We create / change material master data in our ECC system and transmit details to CLM, to keep both the systems in sync. In ECC the material master data changes captured into IDoc (message type MATMASS) and will send details to CLM through PI system. Though the unit of measure (UoM) settings are in sync in ECC and CLM we are facing an issue.

1) While creating / changing material master and creating IDoc, along with other values the ISO code of base unit of measure is getting copy into field 'MEINS' of the respective IDoc (and this is standard behavior)

2) When material master transmit and update in CLM, the ISO code of UoM is getting update as base unit of measure (which is not expected)

Please see below example:

Let us assume for a material XXXXXXXXXX in ECC the base unit of measure is as 'KG' and the ISO code for 'KG' is 'KGM'. Then while transmitting material master to CLM, in CLM the base unit for material XXXXXXXXXX is getting update as 'KGM' (instead off 'KG'). Due to this we are facing issue while publishing master agreements with a line item created with material XXXXXXXXXX.

We would like to keep the base unit of measure as same in both the system (i.e. 'KG' in both ECC and in CLM, if we keep above example in view). I request to suggest root cause for this issue and suitable fix. We are on CLM wave 9 SP11. Please advice.

With best regards,

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

May I request you to advice on my query?

With regards,

Prabhakar