SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination error during invoicing for internal main transaction 0250

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have just migrated from 4.7 to ECC6.0, however after this upgrade we are experiencing an issue while invoicing.

In a scenario where there is a credit item on the contract account which has come as a budget bill payment, the invoicing does not gets completed and throws the below mention error.

Account determination not possible for CCode/Div/Acct Det ID/ 0250 (main transaction).

Though it appears to be missing config of revenue account (EK01 config), I am not sure of it.

Can any of you provide some help, any input is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check config in transactions EK01/EK02 to see if the combinations exist with your accounts.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy,

To add details to the problem, we do not have EK01 maintained for main transaction 0250 in 4.7 system, but we do not have any issue there. Also, this problem only occurs if we have any budget billing(payment scheme) overpayment on account at time of invoicing.

Is this feature specific to ECC 6?

Appreciate your help.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes you need account determination entry in EK01.  the system is trying to make a posting where the contract value is not filled and so those fields are empty.

You may have an entry with Div/Adid - you should probably copy it (also check same in EK02 with the subtransactions) into one where those fields are not populated.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

Could you please elaborate that - system is trying to make posting where contract value is not filled?

To add details to the problem, we do not have EK01 maintained for main transaction 0250 in 4.7 system, but we do not have any issue there. Also, this problem only occurs if we have any budget billing(payment scheme) overpayment on account at time of invoicing.

Is this feature specific to ECC 6?

Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

please have a look in the path

CA AR/AP- BASIC FUNCTION-posting and documents --maintain document assignments --maintain transactions for IS-U.

Here have a look in main/sub of budget billing if assignment of internal main sub to  main sub is correct.

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta,

Thanks for replying. I checked and configurations seems fine. They are in sync with our 4.7 system. However I wonder if SAP had introduced something new in ECC6 for which we need to maintain the main transaction 0250 in EK01.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Yes it did.  This addresses deposit return scenarios where the credit is larger than the opposing debits.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

Would you explain the functionality please, or provide some link or documentation where I could understand what changes have been made. This is required for me to understand if I need to create a separate GL for assigning postings relevant to transaction 0250.