cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup is coming after the execution of method but i need in between then method execution ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In method A , i called method B for Popup to conform.I need the popup after the method B by breaking the execution flow of method A for conformation.But the popup is coming after the execution of method A.

So how can i do resolve this issue or any other method for this.

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You can achieve your requirement as below

• Method B ( show popup ) is called in method A
  • You need to subscribe the OK button event to your action on view
  • Now, place your code which needs to be executed after confirmation inside EVENT HANDLER of OK button action.

So, after confirmation action,your required logic executes

Please go through the below link for subscribing event to buttons of popup window.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Message was edited by: Ramakrishnappa Gangappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your reply.I am doing changes for the existing logic so i cant move code after the popup method due to lot of complexities involved in it.But i thought of managing with indicators.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Rama's suggestion is the correct approach-- subscribe to the popup's button click event and place your "after" logic in the event handler method. Take a look at the following document for information on subscribing to button click events in a popup-to-confirm.

See also information on the Phase Model to understand the flow of events.

Cheers,

Amy

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

it's as Rama already stated and he also gave you a couple of approaches that'll work for you. What you describe in your opening post is not possible, because the WDA framework simply doesn't work like that. The server eventing and client response always have to be completed before you can prompt the user for input. That's why the popup is presented to the client after the methods have all been executed; you can't just tell the phase model to 'halt' and wait for user input as you can do in the old dynpro technology (I suppose the fact that's it possible there is where the question originated from).

Cheers, Lukas