cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ID service as IdP for AS ABAP

Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am playing around with a trial account for SAP HANA Cloud, especially deploying apps with usage of on-premise services of an ABAP application server. For checking the authentication functionalities, I intended to setup a SSO scenario. As I don't have an IdP for my own, I thought it was a good idea to use the SAP ID service as trusted IdP for my AS.

I obtained the needed configuration data as described in this Blog entry: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3425133

When I try to configure SAP ID service as trusted IdP in the SAML 2.0 configuration of the AS (TA SAML2), I always get the error message "some certificates of the selected trusted provider where not parsed" on step Signature and Encryption. I can't finish the configuration on step Authentication Requirements due error message "new trusted provider can not be saved. certificate cannot be saved in Address Book. Cannot analyze certificate".

When I try to add the certificate manually (TA STRUSTSSO2, Certificate > Address Book), i get the error message "cannot analyze certificate".

The certificate is importable to every PSE file and to my Windows Certificate Manager, and except of an outdated validity period, it looks well formed for me.

Has anyone tried the same and succeeded?

Can anyone provide me other suggestions on that?

Thx, Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to test the certificate import against a system, which has a more actual security library.

It is importable, so guess it's sufficient to update the security library.