Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM storage location control: more than 1 storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a problem with LE-WM Customizing:

In our Warehouse Management we have 2 "normal" storage locations that are assigned to Warehouse Number 101

(WM and WM2).

Addionally we want to introduce the storage location WE00. Herewith we want to intoduce a goods receipt storage location:

In appendix there are screenshot of our Customizing-Settings.

For example:

First we get a goods receipt in storage location WM2.

As long as the material is not finally confirmed the material should be in storage location WE00. When the warehouse worker confirms the tranfer order, in background there is a automatically 311-booking (stock movement).

This works without a problem when I define a standard storage location to which the booking refers.

But when I have no standard storage location, I get an error in warehouse mangement. The transfer order can not be created because no storage location could be found.

The problem is that I can`t define a standard storage location, because the storage location have to depend on the storage location that is entered in MIGO by booking the goods receipt (inheriting from the purchase order). It cannot be always the same.

Therefore we need a possibility to use an user exit (or simular) that fills in the correct storage location before creating the transfer order (that works automatically).

I hope anybody can help me.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who can help me solving this problem?

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Could you please check the userexit "EXIT_SAPLL03A_012"

If this doesn't help, then use the tCode SMOD and enter the enhancement MWMTO003. Then check

the documentation here, which might help you in getting the desired userexits.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you what is not allowed by standard SAP, as described in the IMG documentation

Define Storage Location Control (SAP Library - Warehouse Management) - scenario 3

This because you cannot have only 1 standard storage location.

Of course you can try using a user exit at confirmation of TO, by changing the storage location to the one indicated in the material document linked to the quant (for this it would be better to set the dynamic storage bin in the interim storage type 902 equal to the material document instead of the purchase order)

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Could you please tell me which User-Exit I can use?

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try EXIT_SAPLL03T_002

Regards

CLaudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you. But that's not the right moment (after creating the transfer order). At this time it is to late. It should be an user-exit before the Transfer order is created.

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You have to change the storage location after the TO is confirmed, right? So at that moment you should develop you user exit in my opinion...

Anyway if you prefer the exit at the creation of the TO... EXIT_SAPLL03T_001

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it should be an user-exit before the Transfer order is created because I have to fill in the correct storage location by creating the transfer order. Without the storage location (i cant`t define a standard storage location in customizing because we have more than one possibible storage location that are assigned to the warehouse number), I get an error by creating the transfer order. Therefore I need to know an user-exit (or the correct position to do a modification?)  at the creation of the TO (for Transport Requirement or Posting Change).

EXIT_SAPLL03T_001 is too late, it is at the end of TO-creation. I think that tis moment could not be reached, because I get an error message (no storage location can be found).

Thank you very much.