cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM copy control issue from KB to KE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am trying to create KE order with reference to KB order, all the materials are getting copied to KE but am getting a log saying

Item 000020 is a component of a bill of material so cannot be copied.

Can someone please suggest me what to change? Am using standard TAP item category which is also added in the copy control from KB to KE.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard consignment process is KB > LF > F8 > KE> LF > F2.  This being the case, is there any specific reason to create KE with reference to KB?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

That is customer requested.

She wants to create KE wrt KB.

Cant it be done? Just for my knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I have one more point to add hea, if you can help me, when i create an KE order wrt KB order for BOM materials, the items are getting copied, but the log is collecting which says the sub items cannot be copied as it is a part of BOM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please re-check your materials in KB document.

If KB document has a Bill of Material, then you have to choose check box for re-exploding structure in copy control settings of KB > KE for relevant item category. Also choose A or B option in the configuration field on the same screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

You mean re-exploding check for both the main item and sub item? In  my case it is checked for both the items, and as you suggested i did change the configuration tab to B and created KE order.But still it was giving the same error.Kindly suggest me some other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming your KB has a bill of material, then you can create referenced KE for main item only. Sub-items will appear after bom explosion in KE document. Pls check and confirm.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,'

When you say, the " Log " for Item 20 are you indicating the Incompletion Log ?

Also, from the description it looks like the Material might be as part of a BOM whereas previously it was not. You might want to check that first in T. Code : CS15.

Could be that the Material was later on added as a BOM Component after the Order KB was created.

Thanks.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee,

When i create KE order wrt KB, there is pop up which comes up which asks me to check the log, and its not the incompletion log.

And yes it is the BOM material.

So when u copy a BOM material, according to the copy control settings it should re-explode, and as per the settings it does explodes with that log.

So am not sure still what settings i need to maintain. Please help me.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the issue

Item 000020 is a component of a bill of material so cannot be copied

go through the following note and do configuration changes as recommended therein.

• Note 901457 - Problems when copying bills of material and configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Could you please tell me what settings i need to change in copy control?