cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport error while saving template in technical monitoring solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring technical monitoring in solman 7.1. I have created custom template under tab template maintenance but when I activate any alert in metrics tab I get error

Transport Error (Screenshot attached)

Could anyone guid me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

klaus_grajewski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did my comment of the 3rd of April fixed your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and

We got the same issue and solved by only making the customer name range and Local object in SE06 as modifiable

not required to set as modifiable, BI-CONT, SAP_BW, ST, ST-A/PI and ST-PI and SCC4 Changes were not required until u want to transport.

Thanks

Jansi

klaus_grajewski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Interesting solution approach. I just tested it in our solution manager in setting my client via SCC4 to client role productive, Cross-Client Object Changes to "No changes to Repository and Cross-Client Customizng Objects", Protection level 2=>"No overwriting, no etxernal availability". In the SE06 I have everything on "modifiable". And when I do try to save a custom template it brings up again the transport error message.

So, could it be that you might have anything else different to my settings?

BR Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with scc4 option open and the se06 with only Local and home modifiable. it should work with saving local objects like Tmp package.

Thanks

Jansi

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

I've tried all of these approaches as well - the only thing that works for us is having the client wide open in SCC4.  There must be other factors affecting this.

To clarify - Local Developments, Home and Customer Name Range open in SE06, Client fully open in SCC4.

well, one more edit.  SCC4 only needs Automatic recording of changes and Changes Allowed to cross object repository.  Client Comparison can stay closed. 

Bernie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have 2 System Landscape for Solution Manager. Saving the Custom Templates in in a Z* package and assign to a Transport works like a charm!

I have made a Transport of copies from my original Task and imported into PROD SOLMAN.

O could find only some of the templates but not all.....We want to adapt/enhance the Templates in SOLMAN PROD because in DEV e only created the templates and tested with few Systems....

So we only Need one Transport to have the templates in PROD....

What is your strategy? Create the template in both Systems? Why is Transport not working?

Import logs are OK.,...

Thanks!

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure why your transports wouldn't be working.  We've never had any problems moving them, although I've never done Transport of Copies, just regular TR.

If we were allowed to keep our Prod SolMan open (scc4) I wouldn't bother transporting any of them but create them where and as needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Than you for your answer! Well I agree it is not critically we can create the templates in PROD as well...but like you mentioned it is a PROD system we we keep it closed...sure SOLMAN is different and for taks like Technical Monitoring (SOLMAN_SETUP, BI Activation ,etc) we have to open the system anyway....

But I have used the standard functionality : Add Custom Templates to a Z*packages and to a transport....Transport of Copies are also standard so this should work,...

Now I have to explain to our Internal Audit department why SOLUTION Manager is different and why we need to open the system so many times. ...

Sure working on Technical Monioring ,adapting templates and metrics does not create a transport if we assign them to $TMP ...but in DEV we used a Z* packages.....so the transport has to work ..maybe is abug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I would like to know the situation from other customers...So the templates are created in PROD system using  $TMP oder DeV system using Z* package and transport...

Thanks!

klaus_grajewski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Your transport error might be related to your client setting in transaction SCC4.

Templates are transportable from system to system and they are possibly protected by the overall system/client settings.

You can only save custom templates, metrics and alerts while your Solution Manager client is set to 'changeable' mode.

So check your Solution Manager client with the transaction SCC4. If your client is protected against changes, change the following settings.

- Client role: =>Set it to 'Customizing'

- Changes and Transports for Client-Specific Objects:

=> Mark there 'Automatic Recording of Changes'

- Cross-Client Object Changes:

=> Select there 'Changes Allowed to Reprository and Cross-Client Customizing'.

If those changes in transaction SCC4 do not solve your issue, please also check the setting for the components BI-CONT, SAP_BW, ST, ST-A/PI and ST-PI in transaction SE06 =>Button 'System Change Option' if those component are set to 'Modifiable'. if one of the mentioned components is not set to 'Modifiable' than change it.

Once your done with creating and saving your new templates, metrics and alerts, you should change back the client settings to the previous settings.

Hope that short descriptions helps you to solve the issue.

Regards,

Klaus

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you following below steps

Please perform the below mentioned steps to create custom template and disable the unwanted metrics
for Reporting.

a. Launch Solman_Setup-> Technical Monitoring -> System Monitoring ->
Template Maintenance.
b. Select the SAP Template which you have assigned to managed object
for monitoring.
c. Click on Create Custom Template button.
d. Custom template is created and shown in the display area.
e. Click on Metrics tab.
f. Select the Metric which is not required for reporting.
g. On the Metric details table, select "Data Usage" tab.
h. Deselect the check box "Send Values to SAP Netweaver Business
warehouse".
i. Click on Save button to save the changes.
j. Navigate to Define Scope step and select the required managed object
k. Navigate to Setup Monitoring step.
l. Assign and apply the custom template to the managed object.

Once the auto configuration is successful, reporting for the metrics
will be disabled.

Source below link

Monitoring and Alerting related FAQ - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I have created custom template and assigned it to manage object. I was getting alerts for 3 days while testing but when I tried to activate few more alerts from metrics I am not able to save the template due to this error

------------------------------------------------------

Transport Error

----------------------------------------------------------

Regards

Sarvesh