cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branding the shell of NWBC for HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear Experts!

Is there any way for theming NWBC HTML 3.6 shell (top/detailed navigation levels)?

What we have tryed to do:

We have created custom theme via UI Theme Editor and applied it via table NWBC_CFG. Canvas is fine branded. But it is not enough to set shell design.

And as we can see from this link, NWBC for HTML shell cannot be themed via UI Theme Editor

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/a1/18094264684230bb6510045b5b5b7c/content.htm?frameset...

We exported theme and explored it, but there is no parameters responsible for shell theming.

We will be grateful for any help!

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitriy,

This documentation is also worth checking:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000433752013E

BR

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is one impressive document, 767 pages. The SP06 document has been updated since SP05. In the SP06 document in chapter 1.1.5.5 it is said that branding of the NWBC shell is supported. Is this true? The statement doesn't exist in the SP05 document.

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

I just found an interesting document yesterday, it states the following:

• NWBC for HTML (3.6): You can theme the service map. The shell cannot be themed.

BR

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Melinda!

This is really powerful documentation, but it has some contradictions.

The second link I had already posted in my question

At first I thought that it is UI Theme Designer limitations.But Theme simply do not have files which are responsible for HTML shell branding. They are builded somewhere deep in abap. And I'm trying to find some workaround or information about when this question will be solved, or do SAP planning to solve this issue in the age of UI.

Samuil,

NWBC for Desktop now have files in theme, to brand the shell. It can be customised in Theme Designer.

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dmitriy, Samuli,

Just to clarify, and to share it with others in case of question

The document to use here was clarified by our Product Owner, that is the one that describes the approach. We have to follow this:

Best regards

Melinda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda,

talked to development yesterday. I can commit your answer.

• NO for shell theming
  • Yes for service maps and WDA Applications

See the details in the following document ->second table (version 3.6)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/af/d312dc1d6548fbb2cb4444545b6e26/content.htm?fram...

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has somebody ever changed nwbc html shell style?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the theming of the shell isn't supported in the current version. Support for theming of the shell is planned for the next UI Add-On release. See this discussion thread for details. You can use for example the Developer Tools in Chrome to locate which CSS elements are relevant for the shell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli!

No it does not matter how do we launch NWBC "/NWBC/" or "/sap/bc/ui2/nwbc/", we are always getting shell without changes.

We even have replaced all colors in theme, which can be found in shell and it is still the same.

Maybe something cached?

Regards,

Dmitriy.