cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Template Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a Template Project. I am done with business blueprinting also in solar01 and all details like transaction, test cases etc are given in solar02 configuration.Now what activity I have to perform as this is global template project and we have to use it for Rollout in 19 countries so I am getting little confused like what should i do after solar02 configuration phase? Or this is it? means now we can use Templates in different Implementation  from Template selection from scope in Project administration?

Please Someone guide me.

Thanks & regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Once you are ready with structure templates in solar01 then need to change the visiblity in solar_admin_project to public so that you can link to implementation(roll out) projects

check below document

scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23402

SAP Template Management for Initial Roll Out | SCN

Hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two queries in Template Project-

1) I am not using the standard processes and thats why I created new business processes with newly client specific business process steps so my problem is how would i know or my module consultant know that what is going to be the exact configuration structure or development objects should be there ?what will happen if we miss something like any custom object?

2)Also in my case Ecc systems are not ready yet so there is no logical component so i am using standard ECC component.My query is that if i put all configuration structure, development, and test cases in solar02 configuration and if once logical component is created then i can directly from solman can do development,testing and configuration by login into dev or test system from solman only.?
if yes then if we login through solman into other systems it ask for sign in or not?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are on a right track. The scope for the Roll Out Project will usually be defined based on the pre-defined templates. After template selection in transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN on the Scope tab all corresponding scenarios will be copied into the roll out project. Using the pre definitions,the business processes can be documented,configured and tested.

You may also take a look at Compare&Adjust functionality to accommodate changes. In case the template content has to be adjusted and changed during an ongoing roll out, all changes (except for changes on document content) can be compared and adjusted also to all ongoing roll out projects using transaction SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE.

Here is a nice graphic for you;

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two queries in Template Project-

1) I am not using the standard processes and thats why I created new business processes with newly client specific business process steps so my problem is how would i know or my module consultant know that what is going to be the exact configuration structure or development objects should be there ?what will happen if we miss something like any custom object?

2)Also in my case Ecc systems are not ready yet so there is no logical component so i am using standard ECC component.My query is that if i put all configuration structure, development, and test cases in solar02 configuration and if once logical component is created then i can directly from solman can do development,testing and configuration by login into dev or test system from solman only.?
if yes then if we login through solman into other systems it ask for sign in or not?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Abhishek