cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick sizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I understand Quicksizer can be used for getting hardware requirements. I saw SHIBU Up's post. Can this tool be used for verisions 3.0 and 3.1? or is this new from a version? I guess this is a basis person's job. Is it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

You can use the quicksizer irrespective of the version

There are various ways of sizing. Quick Sizer (based on users and thoughput) is one of them.The Quick Sizer collects all hardware-neutral input parameters and thus simplifies the sizing process

Also , This is not a basis persons job completely

The Fnl consultant defines the inputs, how many KF, Charcombs, max users, versions etc.

The basis admin would be able to make his extimate on hardware sizing based on it. There is much more that goes into hardware than quicksizing but this is one area the fnl consultant is needed to give inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

One small question finally. Is the quick sizer used for new projects in the existing APO system(I mean is this part of every project blueprint stage?) or is it used for new implementations?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

quick sizer is ideal for new proj.

The goal of Quick Sizer is Initial sizing based on SAP standard configurations and assumptions

There is a resizing or delta sizing procedure (which says not to use quicksizer)

Since you have an existing APO system you would be able to extrapolate the current data from the system to the new phase

Answers (0)