cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Proxy in R/3 to SAP PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we have currently a process in R/3 that calls an external webpage with a synchronous entreprise service. In this project we are going to use SAP Pi 7.4 and we are regarding how to integrate SAP PI between the two systems.

In SE80 transaction I have seen the enterprise service in the package. Also, I have seen in transaction lpconfig that the URL we are calling is configured for this synchronous process, the proxy is called in a module function.

There is any way to call to a SAP PI adapter in PI using the current process? I could use the SOAP adapter to call the webservice, but I am new to SAP PI 7.3/7.4 andI dont't know if I may create an ABAP Proxy or it is possible to use the same process but with SAP PI as a middleware.

Our SAP PI is dual stack, but any solution would be fine.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Xavier.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

The best way of communication is to use an ABAP proxy, also you can use a RFC, or to consume a PI wsdl in the R/3 system. In SAP PI 7.3/7.4 you have the same possibilities of the communication with R/3 that you had in SAP PI 7.1X.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki.

One interface uses the consumer proxy, but another one calls a webpage using ABAP classes and interface IF_HTTP_CLIENT, this second case I think I would have to talk with an ABAP colleague to know how the webservice is consumed and the possibility of using an ABAP Proxy, or to consume a wsdl of PI.

Regards,

Xavier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier

Get the WSDL for web service and use that in PI and create an inbound service interface. In PI create an outbound structure which will contain the data that will be passed to the web service call. Create an outbound interface in PI from that outbound structure.

Then in ECC, execute transaction SPROXY and create the proxy structure from the outbound interface. Write an program and call that proxy structure to pass the data to PI.

In PI create an SOAP adapter to call the web service.

You will find many blogs on proxy to web service scenario in SCN.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

As Indrajit said, you can consume the webservice from PI and to develop an ABAP Proxy - SOAP scenario, the ABAP programmer will need to change the code but the effort is minimum. I think it better to have all the interfaces in PI because you have all the connectivity centralized and you can use the power of its monitoring, also you need to consider the criticism of the interface, you know if something works it's better sometimes dont touch it.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thank all for your answers. I know how to create the Proxy and the adapters, I also think as Iñaki that all the connections should be centralized in PI, and is one of the project's requirement.

I tried to know if there was a possibility to use PI without do many changes in ABAP code, or that if in R/3 you call a webservice, do a direct call to PI. In one interface will be easy, the other one uses ABAP classes but I think we will do the same way.

Anyway, I have always been working with XI 3.0, PI 7.0 and 7.1 and I have to modernise to new versions.

Thanks a lot.

Xavier.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Xavier,

If you will use a SAP PI 7.3+, you can use the AEX concept, that is a single stack java installation.

With this the performance of SAP PI increase too much, but there is some limitations, with AEX you can use the RFC AAE that´s more fast than proxy.

Also if you have dual stack installation, you can use a concept Advanced adapter engine, so you can use IDOC AAE or RFC AAE and others that will be really good too, because the message will pass through only into java stack, without go to integration engine, so it´s less save´s into bd.

I hope help you to define the architecture.

Kind regards,