Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material for MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am newcomer of SAP and need the help.

I create a part (material master) and do not know how to bring the material name in system.

By BASIC DATA 1, i see the Material Grroup. ( Exp. 002CA for Investment Casting-Aluminium)

By BASIC DATA 2, i see the Basic Material but i have not found the name ALU-ALLOY-L99 in the list.

Please show me the way how can i put this material ALU-ALLOY-L99 to my part Material Master)?

Thankx in advance

Kien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to the SAP world.

I am not really understand about your situation. But I can tell you that, normally you need to use transaction code MM01 to create new material master in SAP. Then you may see multiple views of screens in material master. You should find the material description and material group in Basic Data 1. Unless your system has been configured differently then you need to check with your SAP consultant to find the fields.

best regards,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SPRO - IMG - Logistics general - Material master - setting for key fields - Define basic material - New entries - maintain required basic material name (ex. ALU-ALLOY-L99) and save.

Go to MM01 for creation of Material Master- in Basic data 2 view you will get basic material in drop down list (or press F4) and select the above mentioned name.

Regards

Hanmanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Budi and Hanmanth,

I will follow the advice of Hanmanth.

Thank you for the response.

Regards,

Kien