Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to Multiple Files!

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a proxy to file scenario. My requirement is to split the records based on plant and send it to different FTP location.

My target structure is same for all the plants but the location of server is different.

For eg.,

My source structure is

EAN

Plant

MaterialNo

My proxy will send records for both plants 1000 and 1100. My target structure is same for both plants.

Based on the plant 1000, the final output should be placed in one FTP and final output for 1100 should be placed in different output.

I will be getting 1.unbounded records.

Let me know how to achieve this design and effective way so that it can be reused for future plants as well.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

As different files has to be placed in different folder, one target interface will not enough. Below is the way by which you can achieve the solution

ESR design :

Create one service interface and message type for outbound proxy.

Create two service interface and two message types for inbound structure.

Create one message mapping which will have one message type ( proxy ) as source and two message type as target

inside the mapping put the logic if plant 1000 populate Message type1 ,if plant 1100 populate Message type2

Create one operation mapping with one service interface as source and two service interface as target.

ID Design:

In the ID part create one business component and two comm channels. 1 channel for file 1 which is for plant 1000, another for 1000.

You need to create two receiver agreement for two interfaces, interface 1 will contain channel 1 and interface 2 will contain channel 2.

Let me know if any doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

You can refer Inaki suggestion. Over and above you can use Mapping template and Value mapping also in the solution for different plant based combination.

One suggestio, if you can segregate the plant data in Proxy (say on user screen) that would be helpful. So you need only one Scenario created for all plants in IR and different ID objects per plant. This would ensure resuse of objects.

Also in case of further extension for diferent plant less efforts would be required.

Regards,

Hiren

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Follow Gagandeep suggestion. Check this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

it has the scenario  that you need, you only need to change FTP protocol by File protocol.

Regards.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You can go for multi-mapping you have to change the occurance of your target message structure and

then first sort data by plant & create new message (root node) when plant changes for that you can use SplitBy(Valuechange) function

You can see following blog:

Regards

GB