cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 'c' XUSER key for the DBM user does not exist or could not be identified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I am busy with an upgrade endevour on our ECC 5 system. Braodly the steps that I have followed thus far are:

- System copy to a new server

- install and configure Solution Manager

- Run MOPZ and download siftware from Service Marketplace.

- Download SUM

I have now started and am running SUM (ST_Toolset) and reach a point in the process "Extraction - Initial Software Extraction" and am getting an error situation. When I look at the Trouble Ticket it says

"SAPup broke during phase INITPUT_PRE in module PREP_PRE_CHECK / Checks the system status

Error Message: The 'c' XUSER key for the DBM user does not exist or could not be identified."

I found note 39439 and tried commands:

C:\sapdb\programs\bin>xuser -U c -u CONTROL,control -d SID -n dsimsid001 -S INTERNAL set

C:\sapdb\programs\bin>xuser -u SAPservicesid -U c -u CONTROL,control -d SID -n dsimsid001 -S INTERNAL set

Where "SID" is my system id and dsimsid001 is the server. Please note that "SID" is in fact the system id. Both executed successfully but the error persists.

Can anyone give any information on what could be the problem here please?

Thanks and regards

Ray Phillips

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

OK, the problem is that my env variables needed some updating. I'm not sure why but seems that the sapdb part of the variable in "PATH" needs to be preceded by '\' and followed by'/'.

Thanks

Ray Phillips

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Which user did you use to run this command? Have you run "xuser list" to check whether the key c has already been created or corrected?  Try to run those command under user sqd<SID> and/or <SID>adm if you have them.

Regards,

Lei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lei

I am logged into Windows as sidadm. When I run xuser list I get :

XUSER Entry  2

--------------

Key           :c

Username      :CONTROL

UsernameUCS2  :C.O.N.T.R.O.L. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Password      :?????????

PasswordUCS2  :?????????

Long Password :?????????

Dbname        :SID

Nodename      :dsimsid001

Sqlmode       :INTERNAL

Cachelimit    :-1

Timeout       :-1

Isolation     :-1

Charset       :<unspecified>

-----------------------------------------------------------------

as part of the output. So it seems that all is well with the c xuser key.

Regards

Ray Phillips

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is just a wild guess, but I would try with a system id other than 'SID'.
Have a look at your installation guide, there you will find a list of forbidden system ids, and 'SID' among them.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josef

That was a thought that i had as well. But I looked for any mtnion and I dont find anywhere that it's listed as a forbidden system id. Also, I copied this system from another system with a different sysid and it went OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I don't know whether the 'list of forbidden system ids' does vary for various SAP products and versions.
As is don't know yours, I cannot say for sure whether my idea does apply to your problem.
But here is one list I found:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e057ae89-4f1f-2b10-7786-ecf8db7f8...

On page 29 it says:
Make sure that your SAP system ID:
Does not include any of the following, which are reserved IDs:
ADD ALL AND ANY ASC AUX COM CON DBA END EPS FOR
GID IBM INT KEY LOG LPT MON NIX NOT NUL OFF OMS
PRN RAW ROW SAP SET SGA SHG SID SQL SYS TMP UID
USR VAR

regards