cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Rejected by an SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ma'am,

I also have a query regarding the deletion of one of my documents.

link = http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41701

document name = How to Create a Custom Print program with Smartforms for Payment Instruments(like Cheque,Payorder e....

The reason for deletion as mentioned is that the contents of this Document were taken from one of my wiki's with the following link:

ABAP - Tips and Tricks Channel - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Let me give you an explanation about it. I started this in my abap - tips and tricks wiki and i thought that moving it to a document would be more useful for the community as a document can easily be downloaded in PDF format and i was getting lots of comments and feedback,as it was a useful document.

Ma'am if there was a case of duplication of content,the moderator could have told me to delete either content,to avoid duplication,i would have removed that content from the my wiki,as a document would have been more useful for the community. The moderator could have given me a deadline to remove either content and i would have obliged. Instead the document was directly deleted,and the message was sent to me after the document has already been deleted. Secondly,the name of the moderator should also be provided,so that we could at least ask some queries that we may have regarding their action.

According to new SCN rules of engagement,if a community member's content is rejected or deleted,next time his account on scn may also be entirely deleted,if a rejection or deletion of his/her content occurs.

Ma'am this practice will only discourage active content contributors from adding more content to scn in the future. I have lots of articles in raw form that i intent to publish at scn. I think there is still room for improvement on scn in this regard and we all love that good old scn,where knowledge sharing has always been at its best. The community has always helped me,and i also wan't to thank them back by contributing more articles in the future.

Best Regards,

Fahad Javed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The main issue here is the duplication, which we want to prevent on SCN.  If something is already in the wiki, there's no need to recreate it as a document.  If you do so, it's necessary to indicate the source of the content and communicate to the reader that the content is a copy of the same someplace else, with a link.

I have to agree that this is probably more suitable as a wiki. You'll notice in the wiki tools menu the option to export to PDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Best Regards,

Fahad

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've branched this off into a new discussion that was already answered. ()

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fahah

I removed the document because I considered the content to be more suitable to the wiki.

There is no implication that you deliberately broke the rules, so there is no reason to fear that your account will be deleted!

Unfortunately, the moderation software doesn't supply the name of the moderator. Given that I deal with 50+ incidents a day (and bear in mind that moderators do their work in their own time, for no pay), I don't have time to personally email everybody. Since the content already existed in another form, I thought it reasonable to remove the duplicate entirely.

I hope that helps you understand.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

That's Fair enough. I'll make sure that i don't have duplicate content spanning across multiple content formats like wiki's,documents etc. in the future. Looking forward to your co-operation as usual going into the future.

Best Regards,

Fahad