Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Failed at consolidation Tab

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On importing an activity i got status as import failed , and in the log file it showing some .pra file is missing at CMS archive folder , is there any way to regenerate the .pra files ? and what is .pra file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

Please post full error stack trace here so that we can help in a better way.

Anyways, .pra files are 'Propagation Archive' files.

For exact definition of propagation archive files, search for ".pra" in this document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f85ff411-0d01-0010-0096-ba14e5db6...

Try checking-in and importing the file again (do this in the Transport Studio of the CMS, in the Check-in & Development tabs). 

Visit: http://<hostname>:<port>/devinf which will open up the development infrastructure WebUI. You can go to CMS transport studio from here.

Note: Do not perform any kind of clean up in the CMS/archives folder. (Not recommended by SAP until it is the last resort).

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

the full error stack is here as follows

Error  :

error during loading of propagation request Exc=com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSFileNotFoundException:

archive not found: /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS***epd00EPD/CMS/archives/******.com~******_PROD_SC~EPD_******CMS_D~303

/ /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*****epd00EPD/CMS/archives/*****.com#*****_PROD_SC#EPD_******CMS_D#303

how to check in and import this file when im not able to find that file at location usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*****epd00EPD/CMS/archives in the server, is there any way to regenerate these files , like usuallly EAR file gets regenerated every time i build my DC in NWDS etc. ?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

TCSFileNotFoundException comes if someone deleted some stuff from the CMS/archives folder (which is not recommended).

You can workaround this by re-check-in (in cms) and re-import SCAs again into dev/cons.

Regards,

Ervin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

Looking at your error trace, I think, as i said in my earlier reply, try checking-in and importing the file again (Do this in the transport studio of the CMS in the Check-in and Development tabs).

This should solve your problem.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

sure siddhant will try doing check In once i create an SCA file , which places the necessary folders at the CMS inbox as specified in the above links by shreays panda. once done ill reply to this post again.

Thanks a lot

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

Was the process of Activation successful? To be more precise,

1) Was Check-in successful.

2) And did Activation of the successfully checked-in activity went normal?

Please confirm this by exploring your _DEV build-space by opening the CBS.

http://<host>:<port>/devinf

open the link, Component Build Services

And check if there are any broken DCs present in your DEV buildspace.

It seems like you may have to import the missing archive in the CMS transport studio under Check-in and Development tab.

Or it might also be the case, where CMS transport folder may be missing the desired archive.

Please refer to the below thread describing similar issue. And refer to the reply given by Ervin Szolke.

CMS Import error: archive not found

And also refer to the below mentioned thread for understanding how you can make the missing archives available in the CMS inbox directory.

Missing Jtrans folder and CMS inbox

Please revert with your analysis and let me know about your results.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Sheyas,

welcome back in the NWDI forum 😉

Nice to see you here!

Regards,

Ervin

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Ervin,

It's my pleasure to be a part of contribution. See you around.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shreyas and Ervin,

Thanks a lot for replying , the activity for which .pra file is missing ,   is pretty old it was created in feb 2013 , and regarding that in CBS i could find that state is closed .

after going through the first link ervin as specified to recreate an SCA , which is created from the current active dcs at Cons-active.

I have to try this option ill get back once done.