cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new transport request

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm about to implement SAP SOlMan work center, but I'm not really SAP type of guy, and having issues with configuration of Solman.

In one manual it states that i need to do the following:

In the 000 client of your Solution Manager, create a new transport request (with the transaction SE09) Unpack the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Init.zip from the attachment to the note. Copy the contents of the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Initial.txt to the transport request.

Maybe somebody can give me step by step description on what is needed here? I've downloaded the text file,I'm in transaction se09, but what do i need to do there, where to click etc?

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you in client 000 then create a transport request of type Workbench.

Then use copy&paste from piecelist text file to add objects to your transport request

Finally Logon to your production client XX where you want to use Service Desk functionality and import that transport using transaction code SCC1

hope this resolves

Regards

Prakhar

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answer.

But how to copy\paste the text? The problem is that I see no place where to add the text. SAP is asking for a request, which I generated already..

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since you have not mentioned note so I assume like SAP 898614

'for this double click the TR you have generated and enter change mode

now copy from text file and paste it here as shown below

this must resolve your issue

Regards

Prakhar

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member523408
Discoverer
0 Kudos

To create new Transport Request, be it customizing or workbench request

1. Run SE09 transaction

2. Choose the type of Transport Request

3. Provide Target System and give description of TR.

4. Click Save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please provide version of Solution manager which your're configure.

BR,

K.

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Initial version, sps04, no upgrades

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to note 898614 - Solution Manager Service Desk: BC sets

below steps are vaild for Solman 7.0.

1. 3. You are using ST-400 Support Package 09 or lower:

Perform the following steps:
      a) In transaction SCPR20, activate the following BC set: SOLMAN40_SDESK_BASICFUNC_000. Activate this in expert mode with the option "Overwrite everythng".
        b) Create a new transport request (transaction SE09) in the source client (000) of your Solution Manager system. Unpack the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Init.zip from the attachment to this note. Copy the contents of the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Initial.txt to the transport request. Use transaction SCC1 to import the transport request into your Solution Manager client.

1. Unpack the BC sets contained in the file SOLMAN40_SDESK_SP04.ZIP.

For Solman 7.1 Run Solman_setup tcode and follow the steps described at wiki pages Configuration and Administration of ITSM - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN W...

For incident managment follow the guide https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

BR,

K.