cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank page after updating the theme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

for our SMD I created a new theme using the theme designer extending the sap_bluecrystal theme.

Unfortunately I haven't given the exact correctly URL to the theme-root and after saving the changes now I have a completely white blank page...

Is there a possibility to restore to default settings? I have access to the j2ee machine so if someone can navigate me to the file where that settings a stored would also be great.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

entering a wrong theme name or theme root should mess up your style, but should not result in a blank page. What did you enter exactly? I'd like to test the behaviour.

You can check the values by calling the REST interface directly:

GET /mcm/admin/v1/configs/name/themeRoots

and
GET /mcm/admin/v1/configs/name/themeName

To fix your problem, the simplest solution - if you have access to the machine - would be to delete the rows from database table MCM_CONFIG (name=themeRoots and name=themeName). It might take up to 5 minutes till you see the result, because these configuration values are cached.

regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

indeed! How you already said, by entering a wrong theme-root url it should only mess up the style because this is what also happened a couple times.

What I've done:

I created a new theme using the "theme designer" (transaction /n/UI5/THEME_DESIGNER) on our NW.

By calling the transaction /n/UI5/THEME_TOOL you can see the theme information and its theme-root.

I don't remember if I had entered the whole URL or only from http:// to /-client-001/ .

I will try do delete the entries from the database how you said.

Thanks you so far!

Kind regards

Marco

PS:

This is the response I get by calling /mcm/admin/v1/configs/name/themeRoots

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I happened upon question as I was searching on what I believe to be the same issue.  I'm with SAP Support, but for a different product -- but I've had a couple customers report issues with reaching Mobile Docs pages in the past, and I've finally seen the issue myself as well.

In my case, from the page source I see the same sap_bluecrystal theme in use, but then again this appears to be the default.  That said, I found I could consistently load the page successfully from different machines on Chrome, and also from instances of Internet Explorer 10 -- the two IE8 clients are the ones which failed to load the page.  I don't have IE9 readily available to test (can track one down if you really want me to ).  But it definitely appears to be browser / version-specific, and clearing cache etc. had no effect.

You've probably long-since resolved this, but I wanted to share just in case it's helpful!

Regards

-Mike