cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria7 - Device OS/Date/Time control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm installed Afaria7 SP4, May I know whether Afaria7 can control the device OS, set the Date and time on iOS and android device?

Is that any article if the afaria7 cannot control the OS/Date/Time?

Thank you.

Regards,

Choong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For WINDOWS32 client ( System and Laptop) you can set the time according to the server time.

You can run session manager event SET Client time it will set according to the server time.

Session manager can be run on Windows 32 client , android , windows professional and standard device.

Session manager not applicable for IOS device

Note : The Set Client Time worklist event for Session Manager is currenlty ONLY supported for the Afaria Windows Client Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your information, May I know how to setup the session manager and push to android device?

Scripting required? Possible you can give me a sample if scripting is required.

Thank you.

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , You can access session manager from the afaria server.

For more details how to use the session manager you can refer the document Administrator reference available in setup file folder of document.

SET TIME is feature not available for android.

Note : The Set Client Time worklist event for Session Manager is currenlty ONLY supported for the Afaria Windows Client Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your reply. May I conclude that the afaria server cannot control the device date/time?

How about the control of the device OS?

Regards,

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It only support for Windows32 , Laptop.

For Device OS , Android , IOS currently it don't support

Close the discussion if its answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your confirmation. I have one last question, In the Afaria android's restriction have a setting to setup "Allow settings changes". May I know what is the setting referring to?

Thank you.

Regards,

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will restrict the user to open the setting area on device.

Block the setting on device.

Note : This policy is only available for SAMSUNG AES2 device .

To know the device is AES2 , you can download the AES checker from playstore and install  on device .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

If the device is AES2 device and I disable the user to open the setting area on device. so that the user cannot click the software update in the device setting.

In this way, can I say that the user will not possible to update the device OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , it will restrict the user to enter in setting area.

Answers (0)