cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSALERTTEST generating alert when tested but sending the alerts when actual PI scenario message fails

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup the alert config in ALRTCATDEF with all the required container variables, setup the mail server in SCOT and also setup the RWB alert config to receive alerts for any type of failed message. When i test the alerts using the report program RSALERTTEST, i am receiving an alert email to both my email box and also to the alert inbox of RWB. But when there is an actual message failue in the SXMB_moni it is not showing up in either the alert inbox of RWB nor in the recepients email. Please suggest if i am missing any other config.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Please check if the send job for sending the emails is scheduled by your basis team. It is used to send the emails at regular time intervals.

Also got to transaction ALRTDISP - select all the alerts and delete them. Now you will get the alert emails when you have actual processing error.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

What is this send job?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan - In order to send the emails out, you need to schedule a job

Check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/951352

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Are you seeing any mails generated in the SOST transaction of your system ..

check in both the clients .( normal and 000 ) ... alert emails are triggered from 000 client ..

Thanks

Rishi

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Rishi,

No, I am not seeing any mails in SOST and i dont have access to login to 000

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

There is a conflict, now i seem to have created 2 jobs for send email, one based on your link sent earlier which uses program SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/27/component-based-message-alerting-...

and the other job that i created is based on the link again you provided which talks about using the program RSCONN01 and variant SAP&CONNECTALL.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/951352

I am not seeing any emails generated to the recpient with either of the job schedules though.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kalyan - Don't follow multiple approaches.

If you had followed the below blog then it's enough (for component based alerting)

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/27/component-based-message-alerting-...

No need to create any extra jobs as it's already mentioned in the blog.

-----------

I provided the other link as you have asked what is that send job.  You need to schedule if you go for traditional RWB alerts.

--------

Please confirm what kind of alerting you are using.

Can you confirm if you have changed the below values in sxmb_adm?

Go to sxmb_adm->integration engine configuration then add  two new parameter Category "Monitor"ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE value 1 and ALERTING_TARGET value 1.

Please confirm which alerting you are setting up..

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Incase you setup component based alerting and you don't find any alerts emails then

Follow below steps to see if the alerts being generated or not.

go to WSnavigator

search for the service - AlertRetrieveAPI

Inside you can find method RetrieveSingleAlerts . Using this method you can find if there are any alerts generated for your consumer.

Please refer to step 3 in the below blog -

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes both the parameters of monitor are setup to 1

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, i do see the alerts, as i can select all of them i have just taken the screenshot showing some 100. So should i be creating a new alert using the API then to see the mails?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to create a new consumer. You should receive email with standard consumer too.

So are those alerts for java stack failures/abap stack failures?

If it for java stack failures then - you need to create a job and configure the mailbox settings in NWA.

Please check the below blog for more details.

If they are ABAP stack failures  then you should have received the alert emails if you followed the blog

However you need to setup  both(NWA& AS ABAP - both blogs) as you have setup the component based alerting.

I would suggest you validate the configuration again.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan - What is the version of your PI system? Are you using component based alerting?

If so please have a look to the below blog and cross check your configuration.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I am using 7.31 dual stack and i dont have nay ICO scenarios. Havent used any AAEs, so i was wondering if this CBMA works for my scenarios?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter.. If you had enabled component based alerting during post installation ,

you have to configure the alerting as per the above blog in order to receive alerts.

Even for traditional configuration scenarios.. create an alert rule and add the configuration scenarios to it.

Simply follow that blog. You'll get alerts

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember - in order to receive java stack alerts you should also schedule the job NWA.. additional configuration as explained below..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

It seems the problem with your alert configuration in RWB as you are getting the alerts from RSALERTTEST. Please check if the alert rule is activated and configure with right paramters.

please refer the below discussion for reference

regards,

Harish

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I have created the alert rule in the alert configuration, i have assigned the correct alert category that i created in alrtcatdef. i am not sure if i have to do something else to activate it, but i see it in the Alert configuration.

checking the link you have provided i see they are talking about the program "SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET", but i dont see it in the programs in se38, it says it doesnt exist. I am using 7.31 dual stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

I do not recall the exact thing but I think that the you need to have the mail configuration set up all in the 000 client ..

In the 000 client - are you able to see emails being generated ..

Thanks

Rishi