cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alerts in Technical Monitoring Inbox following SolMan 7.1 SP10 upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm at a loss of where to go on this one.  I just recently upgraded SolMan to SP10.  Before the upgrade all of my technical monitoring was working just fine.  We were getting alerts in the Alert Inbox, we were getting emails sent from SolMan.  Following the upgrade ALL monitoring seems to have ceased, at least in terms of alerts and emails. I went back through the Managed system config of a couple systems as well as the Technical Monitoring configuration to make sure every thing was activated.  The only thing I noticed was a warning in the "Setup Monitoring" step (step 6).  The warning reads:  "DPC Configuration for <hostname> completed with warnings, see transaction SLG1 E2E_ALERTING/DPC_SETUP"  I followed the suggestion and looked in SLG1 and found quite a bit of errors and warnings, but nothing specific.    I looked in ST22 and found a large number of dumps but I don't have any way of telling if they are related or not.  My gut tells me it is.  I don't know if this will help or not but here's a snipet of the dump.  Has anyone else out there upgraded their SolMan to SP10 and run into this issue?  If so, I'd LOVE to know what you did to correct the issue.  I'm still pretty new to SAP so any suggestions on which logs I should be looking for for clues would also be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

Please run the steps in SAP Note 1819848 to see if this helps.

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, i had a similar issue and it was solved with that SAP note.

regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland.  That did the trick.  What I am really curious about though is, I already re-ran all of the system prep and basic config steps after my upgrade.  Rerunning those steps did solve the problem though.  Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

dpc_setup warning normally due to old content version

have you updated the latest content version sp10 ? if not update the content version, reconfigure the technical monitoring setup for those failed systems.

also check the template assignment, try to create another custom template assign and check will that works?

Also check whether you applied the latest correction for sp10 as sap note 1843689

Please check

Thanks

Jansi