cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special characters in material description not going to APO via CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a scenario where ECC material  master contains special character  foot and inches ("). some of the material descriptions have "™." in it for exmaple CUSTOMFIT™.

These special chacters ",™. are passed to APO as '#' in APO in product master once we CIF it.

Is there any setting I can make to make sure  they are appearing correctly in APO ?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In your ERP system, call transaction SMOD. Display the components of the enhancement CIFMAT01. On the following screen, double-click the function module EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 (user exit 001 of the function group CMAT, program SAPLCMAT). In the program editor that appears, double-click the include ZXCIFU01. If necessary, create the include again. In this include, implement the system behavior that you want.

Also refer the OSS knowledge base article 1534157 - Transfer of material master data from R/3 to APO : Extend CIF structure via User Exit.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh

I am not very sure, but try maintaining the special character using transaction code RSKC ( Allowed Extra Characters in Infocube)

We had similar requirement but it was with the infoobject update and Product Allocation Group in GATP. I had maintained following list of special characters in this transaction.

RSKC :  Maintenance of the permitted extra characters in BW

#@Ç%&/()?`ÖÄ$ÜÉÀ£ÈðØÑÓÍÓ[]Â|{}+-\.*=

May be it will help with CIF transfer as well.

If not tried already, Please give a try and let me know.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare