cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf export shows 't' as 'tt' or 'ti' for calibri font

Former Member
0 Kudos

Environment:

Using Crystal Report 10.5.3700.0 in VS 2008 on Win XP.

Issue:

Report generated thru pdf export shows 't' as 'tt' or 'ti' for calibri font. The report preview shows ok.

Took the following steps but did not succeed.

1. Renamed usp10.dll in d:\windows\system32 to usp10-old.dll. However, the file usp10.dll  is again regenerated here automatically. The problem remains.

2. Copied the usp10.dll from D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin to d:\windows\system32. The problem remains.

Query:

The usp10.dll in D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin is of version : 1.0626.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205).

1.Is this the right version for my environment? If not, what version is required, where to get it from and how to install it.

2.Is some other solution recommended for the right output for calibri font

An early help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see this discussion on social.technet.microsoft:

Calibri font not compatible with windows XP?

The discussion has a number of solutions, see if any of those help you out.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek, thanks for the prompt reply.

Have tried the stated solution of running the downloaded Microsoft Office Compatibitible Pack for Windows XP (the link leads to- The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3)).

Have also installed Calibri font from reliable download sites - fontpalace.Still no remedy.

Installed VS2008 on Win 7. Here too encountering same issue. Any light?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: idnan poona Also like to add that it is a console (not web) application in vs2008 with cr 10.5. After the above resolution attempts, looking to work on the suggestion for using proper usp10.dll version. But am not sure which is the right version fro my stated  environment and to get from where. This issue seems quite well known and oft encountered. Still not finding the solution. Any one encountered similar issue and got the resolution? Looking forward.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the usp either. However I do have a suggestion;

Download an eval of CR 2008 (v. 12.x) and test with that. It may be that CR 10.5 is just too old. BTW.; there are no Service Packs planned to CR 10.5 anymore. CR 2008, 30 day eval can be downloaded from here:

SAP - Crystal Reports 30-Day Evaluation

- Ludek

Answers (0)