cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General error;- 10503 The operation is not allowed for the result set type FORWARD_ONLY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to create Universe on top of HANA Views. Everything was working fine and suddenly i started getting an error when i try to see the views in Data Foundation:

General error;- 10503 The operation is not allowed for the result set type FORWARD_ONLY

No Issues with connection. I can publish in repository. HANA user have enough permission. System DSN is also good.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you connected to HANA using JDBC or ODBC connection?

If it is JDBC, can you please confirm JAVA version as well.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ODBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

This appears to be a user security issue with the connection for the user you are using. Check with a admin account if the issue occurs or not.. If admin account works make sure you have data access rights for the specific connection and there is no explicit denial for any of the group the user is part of..

If admin does not work most certainly this is a HANA user security issue and try to create the connection with a user which has full access to all the HANA packages. This error code is also a standard HANA error code so there is high possibility of being a HANA issue..