cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit for same SID systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is is possible to use retrofit for below system details where SID is same for parallel Devlopment & Quality system

Maintenance Landscape: DE1 -> QT1 -> PR1

Upgrade landscape: DE1 -> QT1

SID is same for Devlopment & Quality in both landscapes.

Is it really necessary to have different SIDs for upgrade systems, is there any impact in solution manager.

Regards
PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

no impact in charm, because until unless your TMS configuration with proper transport domain defined. Charm goes smoothly.

and also make sure you assigned proper role for retrofit system in logical component.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Graham & Jansi,

I discussed with my Basis team & Same SID will not work in ChaRM, while configuring TMS it will have an issue.

I cant have same SID for two different Managed systems.

If any of managed system SID is same as that of another managed system it will not work.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO, This is possible, refer here too....

27. Several managed system with same SID

In Solman 7.0 we cannot differentiate distinct systems with the SID, even if they are located in different domains.

In Solman 7.1 this issue will be solved by using the long SID functionality provided by SMSY, that is, systems in different transport domains with the same SID can be managed by charm, you only need to assign them to different technical system names in SMSY, see also note 1358071.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK

There is no real issue with upgrading the landscape with the two SIDs being the same, but you will need to ensure that the server names are different.

I'm not sure what issues,if any, you will get with SolMan.  So long as you can configure the systems in SAP Marketplace, then SAP can connect to your upgrade landscape should they need to assist with upgrade issues.

Regards,

Graham