cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Page number on smart form gives *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Page &sfsy-page& of &sfsy-formpages& to print my page number on smart form. It works fine till I have 9 pages when I cross 9 pages form. It start showing/printing * when my form is more than 9/10 pages and prints fine after 9 pages.

Page 1: Page 1 of *

Page 2: Page 2 of *

……

Page 9: Page 3 of *

Page 10: Page 10 of 16

….it is fine after that.

Did some one face this issue? Can anyone help me on how to resolve this? Does it have to do something with memory or any other parameter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The window which displays &sfsy-page& of &sfsy-formpages& should be final window type.

Double click on the window and change Window Type to FINAL.

Reward points if it is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

take a new windiow to display the page number and the type of the window should be final window.

your problem will slove.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new window part is understandable but I don't have an option to define the window in a specific type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks max bianchi. That was helpful. The OSS Note number is 779492 SSF: Total page number is displayed as '*'

I am posting this for future reference.

Thanks you all for your help.

nani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having the same problem only the note mentioned is for SAP 620 and higher. Does anyone know if there is a similar note for release 4.6C?

Thnx in advance....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see as * both in printpreview and when I actually print. I think the variable has value becuase if I have only 9 pages in my forms it prints fine. It start printing * for the FIRST 9 pages once I exceed 9 pages i.e go to 10th page and beyound

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't remember the number but there is a SAP note explaining how to solve this problem.

U have to specify the dimension of the field sfsy-formpages.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where you are able to see this problem in the spool or on the online.

can you debug and tell whether you are able to get the value or only it is printing *.

br,

Laxmi