cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing PO's created through the Adobe Forms (as opposed to through Smart Forms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We currently have a development underway to replace the existing PO output types (configured with Smart Forms) to the new Adobe forms. We have encountered an 'opportunity' that I am hoping others have encountered and figured out!

We can select the new message type and request that it be 'Printed Output', but we never receive an output? Nothing is sent to the printer.

If I use T-Code SP01 to review the spool, the Spool entry is there, but there is no status? For the Spool Entry there are 2 informational messages:

1 Spool Request Displayed

1 Spool Request witout output request

(I am guessing that the 2nd message above is eluding to a configuration issue?)

I can click on the Adobe .pdf icon and I can see the PO, and print it.

I can use the Print Preview while in the PO, reviewing that output type and I can print it - but that is using the Adobe functionality.

We had expected that the normal SAP Messaging function would work - just like it had with Smart Forms?

Any suggestions or clues would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the normal SAP Meassaging work fine. There must be an mistake by setting the parameters in the printing program.

Did you already check, if the Form is processed and the parameter REQIMM in SFPOUTPUTPARAMS

is set?

Which printing program do you use, or do you develop a custom-made?

I think your mistake is by setting all the params right here, because if the printer is not configured well, you won't get a spool, which you can preview.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the details, I am glad  you confirmed the normal SAP messages should work, that was our expectation.

I am not sure what our print program is, but I saw documentation eluding to a custom print program for our Russia region. Not sure about the other regions.

I will share this information with the development team, in hopes that it points them to the resolution.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very good, let me know where this is going to.

Regards

Florian

Answers (0)