cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get filtered rows in a table element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I'm using standard table element (not ALV) and IF_WD_TABLE_METHOD_HNDL to handle the sorting and filtering of the table. Now the table works fine, as it is some-kind of master-detail view (only one row can be selected by lead selection). The detail is shown well after selecting a row.

The table itself has got some other functionalities, that can be done with the rows. For this purpose - not the leading selection, but checkboxes inside the table are used to identify the rows for which the action is to be done. This also works fine.

Now the customer would like to have the standard-to-be-seen button (like in ALV) to select / deselect all rows in the table. For this purpose, I created an action, which works also fine, but I'm stuck with the situation, when the user filters the rows and then presses the select all button.

In an ALV, this would select the rows, that are right now visible to the user (this is also my wanted acting). In my case, I can only select / deselect all of the rows, which would lead in a very inconsistent state when user makes an action on rows that he / she does not see anymore (as they are filtered out).

There surely is an apportunity to get the filtered values (filters) and try every single column to see if it matches, but that would cost too much time (imagine using symbols "<>=*?" etc).

I see 2 ways how to accomplish this:

1. find a method, which would return only the filtered (in) rows (or their indexes from the context, or whatever). Did not find.

2. find a method, by which I would test every single row whether it is or it is not in the filtered group. Did not find either.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After further looking up I found the solution here for those that did not match the correct tags needed

Answers (0)