Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Mapping - Error in sending

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an extended ID which generates two messages.

I want to send one of them to File Adapter and another one to XI integration server using soap receiver channel.

But I am getting error in the technical routing stating Messages in multi-message format can only be sent to one Adapter Engine.

I thought this was only not possible when you tried to send it to IDOC adapter or HTTP adapter as they are not in abap stack.

Please clarify.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sam, Multi mapping is possible for messages in the same AE. Check below notes from help sap.

Prerequisites

Multi-mappings require the interfaces involved to be asynchronous. There are no other restrictions on the outbound interface of the interface mapping.

Messages that result from the split in a mapping-based message split are sent using one Adapter Engine. For this reason, only those adapters that run on the Adapter Engine are supported. The Java proxy runtime is also not supported. This means that the selection of possible target interfaces is restricted to the corresponding adapter types. In particular, no target messages can be sent to an integration process.

Developing Multi-Mappings for Message Splits (SAP Library - SAP Exchange Infrastructure)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam.

A few tips, with file and SOAP adapter if you use the same Adapter Engine you could use multi-mapping. Have you configure SOAP channel with quality of service EO?, do you have this SOAP interface asynchronous?

Regards.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

Thanks for your replies.

I am using SOAP receiver to trigger another SOAP sender with the messages.

I can't see any setting that says QOS in SOAP receiver. I have checked my messages and all are asynchronous with occurrence 1 in both source and target

But you have multiple records within the child nodes.

I am still facing the same error of sending only to one adapter engine. Should i be doing anything with the occurrence?

Regards

Sam

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

there should be some problem with your configuration. I tried to use the multimap with File and Soap receiver adapter and it is working fine.

Please provide the screenshot of error to check.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam - Where are you getting this error? while creating the objects/while testing the interface?

Can you please share the screenshot if any?