cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation to check data in field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I should check my text field(coments) to validate that it contains only Alphabets or numbers i.e. the values A to Z or a to z or 0 to 9.

Please help which function helps me to check if my field has any special symbols apart from alphabets or numbers.

Ex: TestValue01______________valid value

Test Value @1_____________Not valid

Regards

Shifali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

try the below validation and run u will get the result in data manager...you can add required special characters in the below expression to get the result.

kindly keep the Automatic Execution as Error

Thank you

Rahul

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

kindly use your relevant field instead of local G/L Account Number

Thank you

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul..

This seems to be a good result whch sufices the requirement.

But as we know that there are lot many special symbols that can be produced from keyboard using ALT .

I wanted to have a validation to try that our field data has only A to Z or a to z or 0 to 9 , as these values are limited.

Regards

Shifali

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

The validation expression will allow only A to Z or a to z or 0 to 9 values, you just add the missing special characters in the expression which you feel that they can be added using keyboard, for time concend i haven't mentioned all....

and there is one more way to achive this

just remove the Not from the expression and instead of special characters type all characters and numbers from A to Z & 0 to 9 integers to achive the result.

Thank you

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul

I accept that this is a workaround to achieve.

Iwas just thinking if we have provision to give just the range rather then mentioning all the alphabets (Like we say in Has ALL Chars ( field, "a","z"))

Regards

Shifali

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

yes you can use (Has ALL Chars ( field, "a","z")) OR (Has All Chars( field, "0","9"))....

kindly try and let me know the result...

Thank you

Rahul Pandey