cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP PRD server getting slow in particular time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

Here I am getting the problem, my PRD server getting dead slow unexpectedly. Here we are using logon load balancing, appserver is running fine but DB server getting very slow. its only happening for particular time only 15 -20 mins. Please help us to rectify the solution.

Here i restarted the servers after its running properly , i got error once i restarted server in DB server i got error in license i was unable to login that time, but able to login in app server itself. its only happening to DB server.

PRD Details

EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0

ORACLE

AIX 7.1

Please help us on this

Thanks& Regards

Razz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

Problem has been solved with changing the kernel patch level to recent one.

Thanks to all for your quick support.

Thanks& Regards

RAZZ

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raz,

please go through below SAP Notes, specially highlighted note,

1002075 - Too many enqueue clients in standalone enqueue server

34116 - Syslog: "Operating System call xxxx failed"

27320 - keepalive and gui_auto_logout profile param.

Regards,

Jamil

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the issue is only during a particular time then check what is happening on the DB server at the OS level.

Check whether there are some processes consuming the system resources at the OS level

Make use of the topas command

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB,

I found the errors in sm21 logs, as below

Operating system call connect failed (error no. 79 )

Msg server hardware ID missing (HWID_PENDING)

License check rejected for technical reasons

As shown above screen, Please suggest on this,

Thanks& Regards

Razz

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raz

The screenshot says user sessions were terminated.

Check the message server trace file and work process trace files for this time.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz

The SM21 log error suggests that the license check was failing .. was there any recent changes in the system like hostname / IP address..

Also as mentioned in your initial question , you were having issues in logging in to your CI ( saying license rejected ) but you were able to login through your APP Server ,  this behavior should never happen and looks like some AIX Level configuration issue  in your environment ..mostly related to host names.

Also check in SLICENSE Transaction code - what is the displayed hardware key and whether you have a valid license . Verify the hardware key with the one you get from the saplicense -get command at AIX Level.  I know they will be same - but no harm in checking !

Please see the following thread talking about similar issue :

Hope it helps

Thanks

Rishi

Message was edited by: Rishi Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let us know some more information about the issue ?   Are you seeing any issues in the alert log / SM21 logs during that period..

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishi,

yes I got logs as shown in below....PFB

Thanks& Regards

Razz

Former Member
0 Kudos

what kind of license error you are getting, it would be nice if you attach screen shot.

Is that mean you have sap instance running on DB server? and SAP license are for system (ex: PRD) which includes your app1..x.. there is no way you can install license for app1..x.. if you are able to logon from app server other than SAP* then there should not be any issue with license. check the 'slicense' tcode for installed licenses.

check SM66, whats running and background jobs.. and ST03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system is going down in 15-20 min then what message do you see in the dev_w* logs.

Have you checked sm21 logs ....

Have you checked db alert.log.

How much memory is configured for the DB.

Are the archive logs backup happening properly.

For the license error can check the below note as you mentioned you only got it once.

1717857 - Protection of licence key memory

Thanks

Rishi Abrol