cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync ztable values from PI ABAP Stack to Value mapping replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to replicate the values from SAP PI ztable(custom table) to PI value mapping.The values in the value mapping has to modify when ever data is added or modified in PI ztable.

So i have to sync table values from SAP PI ztable(not SAP ECC) to same SAP PI value mapping replication.

I have seen many blogs and documents, they mentioned about how to sync the table values from ECC to SAP PI value mapping.

But i need to update the ztable values from same sap pi system to same systems value mapping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan Kumar,

Is it big table ?

Because I recommend you do it manually into SAP PI DEV and transfer it for others systens, I got to much error trying to import from external files tables to be a "value mapping" in SAP PI.

This is just a suggestion.

Check this document, I used a long time ago to do that.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dd2ae-f783-2c10-9aa6-ca69f67dd...

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

This is a big table in PI.

The document is for replicating values from outside(webservice) but i need to replicate from table inside PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

if you want to do it properly, you need to create an application client in PI (so a separate client from your integration client) and then execute all steps there as for the ECC solution. Maintain the table in application client, of course. Usually, a simple client copy should be enough, but you need to change the client role to "application client" and configure the integration client as PI server.

If you don't want to do that there is the solution of exposing the ValueMapping service in PI as a SOAP interface. If you then consume that service from your integration client, the role of that client is not checked and you can send your message. This is not a clean solution, since the integration client should not initiate message sending itself.

Regards,

Jörg

rhviana
Active Contributor