cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Cost Elements in Value Categories in PM Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Has anyone had any experince in revising Cost Elements (& CE Groups) in Value Categories? I have a problem in that the original configuration of Value Categories had many Cost Elements assigned to a generic Value Catergory. I would like to break this down into multiple Value Categories and get rid of the generic one. I have executed programs RIPMCO00 RIPMS001after restructuring, and am not getting any results.

Thanks

Peter Docharty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

pls follow the below mentioned path. You can change the settings here.

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide --> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Maintenance and Service Processing --> Basic Settings --> Settings for Display of Costs --> Assign Cost Elements to Value Categories

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

I have done all that stuff, however, if you check out the documentation for this transaction, it talks about restructuring files PMCO & PMCOQT by using the

RIPMCO00 program and about changing the VC if records have already been written to these files by using RIPMS001. I am curious as to whether any users have successfully changed the Cost Elements assigned to VC and their procedure.

Peter