cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager and Java Webdispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a Solman system (7.1 SP8) and Portal/Java systems (7.0,7.1, 7.3) and Webdispatchers. SSL is implemented in Webdispatchers

Now, we want to have a system wherein we can monitor those SSL and other certificates from Webdispatcher in Solution Manager.

I hope I am clear in explaining the issue, can you please point me in the right direction ? links ? SAP notes anything. I have tried but not able to get the required information.

Please let me know if you need anymore information to help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is possible to monitor the SSL certificates of Web Dispatcher in Solman Web Dispatcher Monitoring. The metric is not delivered as standard SAP template, but you can add the new metric of type- "Check URL" for certificates. I have done so, and I am able to monitor the expiry of SSL certificates.

Hope this answers your question

Best Regards,

Nagendra Ashwath

0 Kudos

hey, I am not sure what you want to do here. Do you use SAP Web Dispatcher for your java system? and you want to use solman to monitor these Java systems? or you just want to monitor the SSL and certificates for those systems in solman?(I doubt this)

Best regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Thank you for replying, apologies in coming late here.

We use Web dispatcher for our Portals.We have configured SMD in Java systems and they are sending the data to Solman. But, in Webdispatchers we have implemented SSL and therefore Webdispatcher will have certificates, we want to monitor these certificates(from Webdispatcher) in Solman. Is it possible ?

So basically, we want to connect our webdispatchers to Solman so that Solman can get their information as well.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks,

Rajat

0 Kudos

Hello Rajat,

well, I am not sure about this, but I think there is no way to monitor SSL or certificate of your web disaptcher in solman system. Actually I think there is no such kind of tool to monitor SSL certificate for other kinds of systems in solman as well. But from solman 7.1, SAP web dispatcher is supported for some E2E tools as mentioned in note 1478974. and you have to configure the web dispatcher first as mentioned in

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape?original...

This might not be the functions that you meant, but it can help you to monitor web dispatcher with some KPIs.

Also, technical monitoring is a good tool which supports web dispatcher as well.

Best regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I am not sure whether you can use solman to monitor the certificates installed on the web dispatcher.

However it is possible to connect the web dispatcher to solman.

Please follow this link for registering web dispatcher to solman:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/48/9cebc918a273e9e10000000a42189b/content.htm

You have to set the profile parameters as explained in the link.

Points to consider:

1.Enter the message server details of any one of the systems for which you are using this web dispatcher.

2. Make sure that this message server host/system is already registered in solman through managed system configuration.

You will have to explore about what functionalities does solman provide for monitoring web dispatcher.

You can check the master guide or technical operations library of solman which you can find from http://help.sap.com portal.

hope this will answer your query.

Regards,

Robin