cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data displayed in E2E Workload graphs (Dashboards)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am stuck in a strange issue and need your expert advise to help me out. Kindly advise.

My solman version is 7.1 SP 10 on Linux, and one of the concerned managed system is ABAP (ECC 6.0 EHP 6).

The issue is that when I navigate to Tx: Solman_workcenter-->Root Cause Analysis-->End-to-End Analysis-->Select a system and perform the "Workload Analysis", I see no data.

More strange is that, this issue is only appearing for ABAP systems, but data is completely visible for JAVA statck or Standalone JAVA managed systems. I have searched and tried to perform almost everything as per various OSS Notes and SCN posts, but no help.

Points which can help analysis:

1. All prior steps are error free and BI Cont is active.

2. There are data available in E2E_EFWK_STATUS and E2E_EFWK_STATUS, which means, workload data is getting populated correctly.

3. 0SMD_PE2H cube also contains correct data for the managed system, which means, workload data is getting populated correctly.

4. E2E EFWK HOUSEKEEPING and EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER jobs are running properly.

Thanks,

Avishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks Billy, Ashu and Sneha, for those really helpful advice, which probably has given me the impetus to trace out the root cause of the issue which is now solved. Hence, marked your posts "helpful" as it can help others stuck on same bush.

Issue was due to the following reasons:

1. The primary issue: The Wily service was in HANGED status due to overload. I discovered that few moments before replying to the post last night. Restarted the service and the data came in to Wily (screenshot I provided in my earlier response). Should have waited till today because the data took some time to get loaded to solman dashboards.

2. The secondary (secondary because I cant confirm whether its the issue or not) issue: The timezone was different. When I looked at Ashutosh's post and my managed system's STAD logs I found no data! So with the help of STZAC, i adjusted it making it same with the OS.

Thanks, Issue now stands resolved!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent and Thank you for updating the post with the resolution!

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats why you are god

Regards

Ashu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the exact same issue with SP7, and did create a SAP message to address this problem. They asked me to apply the latest LM-SERVICE patch, but even then some data was missing in RCA. What really fixed the problem was I reinstalled my diagnostic agents (there were a few which went offline like every minute), and made sure the users (managed system config) had the required authorizations, and reran the introscope host adapter config in config automatically step. (I had no idea that this step was really important for ABAP systems, I was just ignoring it until then. )

I also checked the logs for my diagnostic agents, to make sure that everything was fine with the agents.

Regards,

Sneha.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a very similar issue on SP08 and was some what resolved when I updated the mdx executable for the kernel; at this point Bex started working in a hit or miss style, due to a SP upgrade of some sort required me to run SPDD/SPAU and reset some snote object allowed for the graphing to work 100% of the time after that.

What kernel level are you currently running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Billy. But, I have performed the SPAU/SPDD just after the upgrade. No issues with that.

Kernel version is:

SAP Kernel :  720_REL

Database Client Library : DB6_81

created in  :  Linux GNU SLES-9 x86_64 cc4.1.2 use-pr130820

created on  :  Sep 14 2013 05:28:14

Support Level  :  0

Kernel Patch number : 500

Source ID  :  0.500

DBSL Patch No. : 441

ICU Version : 3.4 Unicode Version 4.1

libsapu16 Version : 1.0025  Sep 13 2013 23:31:31

Thanks.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So looks like patch lvl 500 includes the mdx patch so it should be included,  your screenshot though with the HTTP 404 makes me curious to know if you have all your pointers to client 100 correct?

I left my client as 001 in Solution Manager, as it seems like a ton of extra work if you don't have to setup Solution Manager to support multiple companies/customers.  Perhaps at this point you should kick off a RCA trace on the ABAP and Java stacks of SolMan and let it run for an hour to try and track down what is triggering the URL.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You need to check the metrics in wilyintoscope.

It might be not getting the information from the SMD Agent (checked the SMDAgent logs push jobs)

Also check the Time zone of the ABAP system with the solman system

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Yes, I can see the data at the Wily. Example:
I think this is what I am expecting to see at the RCA dashboard.

But, I do get some error logs at the SMD level logs:

I have checked the note for this issue and it says that there can be Webdispatcher problems as the hostname there is of Solution Manager, and we need to check the Webdispatcher specified at the Basic Configuration. Well, I personally believe this should be the problem as data is there in Wily that means it is sending data to Wily and connecting the hostname. This is something else.

I have adjusted the time zones made them same with stzac and TZCUSTHELP. Chnage has been successfully reflected.

But, still no data.........

Former Member
0 Kudos