cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place cursor/focus on input field based on action trigger in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to place the cursor/focus on input field based on the action triggered .

I have a WD comp where I have 3 buton on view having 3 action attached to it . Let it be action1 action2 & action3 . let there are 3 input field say inp1 inp2 and inp3.

I want that if action1 has triggered then cursor/focus should go on inp1. And if action2 triggered then inp2 .

So Please provide me the code that I should write in eventhandler ONACTION1 . so the focus go on inp1.

I know how to set focus on a particular input field using method REQUEST_FOCUS_ON_VIEW_ELEM. and write in WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

But I don't want to fixed cursor/ focus only on one input field rather I want to  set focus based on action triggered. I don't know how to use  FOCUS_BY_CONTEXT_ELEMENT  method.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a work around, you could create an attribute ( say ACTION) in the view , and set the attribute in each action.

then, in modifyview,

if action = action1

set focus on inp1

else if action = action2

set focus on inp2

endif.

Even the method FOCUS_BY_CONTEXT_ELEMENT of input field you have to write in WDDOMODIFYVIEW!

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your quick response.

Probably what I have understood u want me to create a attribute in each event handler method. And set the attribute on each action and From method WDDOMODIFYVIEW set focus on respective attribute. But how to write code for this.

Can you provide me the code. What should I write in method WDDOMODIFYVIEW and how to capture view element or as you told to create attribute .

Pls help me by providing sample code.

Thanks in advance.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. What i meant was,

1. Go to the attributes tab of the View, create an attribute (say ACTION) of type string.

2. In the action handler method set the attribute (ACTION) to the name of action.

Ex: in the onActionBUT1 write the below code,

DATA ls_parameter TYPE wdr_event_parameter. 

READ TABLE wdevent->parameters INTO ls_parameter WITH KEY name = 'ID'.

For button1 if you created action ACTION1 you will get that value in ls_parameter-id.

Now set that to the attribute( action)

wd_this->action = ls_parameter-ID .

Now in DOMODIFYVIEW method,  write the below code.

DATA: lr_elem TYPE REF TO if_wd_view_element.

case wd_this->action.

when 'ACTION1'  " ACTION1 is the name of action for button 1

lr_elem = view->get_element( 'INP1' )." INP1 is the UI elem ID of in put field 1

view->request_focus_on_view_elem( lr_elem ).

when 'ACTION2'

lr_elem = view->get_element( 'INP2' )." INP1 is the UI elem ID of in put field 1

Hope this clears now.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for details reply.

I m following your steps.

1. I have declare a attribute with name action type string in attribute section of view.

2. Next when I m trying to get the value of button1 action ACTION1  into ls_parameter-id. It is showing error :

The data object "LS_PARAMETER" does not have a component called "ID".  

I have written in onactionACTION1

DATA ls_parameter TYPE wdr_event_parameter. READ TABLE wdevent->parameters INTO ls_parameter WITH KEY NAME = 'ID'.
wd_this->action = ls_parameter-ID .

Once i will get value into ls_parameter then only i can able to assign to wd_this->action .

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagat,

Please use the below code in your action handler to get the name of your action

wdevent->get_data(

EXPORTING

name  = 'ID'

IMPORTING

value = WD_THIS->ACTION

).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sry, Actually you have to read the value. ls_parameter-value will contain the value of Action name. but it is of type ref to data. you have to create Field symbol again.

So, You can simply write the below code,

wd_this->action = wdevent->get_string( name = 'ID' ).

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

I have followed steps . But don't know why focus/cursor is not coming on input field on view.

I have written as :

In view declared a attribute named action type string.

In all three event handler action.

wd_this->action = wdevent->get_string( name = 'ID' ).

so I got value of action button .   Then in WDDOMODIFYVIEW it have written as

case wd_this->action.
   when 'B1'.                                   
       lr_elem = view->get_element( 'I1').        
   when 'B2'.
      lr_elem = view->get_element( 'I2').         " I1 and I2 is  is the UI elem ID of input field 1 & inptfld2
  endcase.

Though it is not working .  This method  request_focus_on_view_elem works on support pack11 of NW7.? this is config wht i have.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

case wd_this->action.

when 'B1'.                                   

What is B1 here? is this the name of action for button1 or the ID of button 1. It should be the button 1 ID name.

This method  request_focus_on_view_elem works on support pack11 of NW7.?

Yes. this method is available from ERP 6.0 onwards IF_WD_VIEW - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , B1 is the button1 id name . I debugged, It is going to WDDOMODIFYVIEW method as well as entering the rep case when event handler action is triggered. There is no syntax error also.

But focus is not getting set on input field I1. when Button B1 is triggered.   view->request_focus_on_view_elem( lr_elem ). I think this method is not working .

Can u tell me Initially when application will reload it will focus to which input field ?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u tell me Initially when application will reload it will focus to which input field ?

Initially, It will not focus on any input filed as the action name is empty. If you want to set focus intially to some input field write it in Others of case statement.

case wd_this->action.

when 'B1'.                                   

when 'B2'.

lr_elem = view->get_element( 'I2').         " I1 and I2 is  is the UI elem ID of input field 1 & inptfld2

when others.   

lr_elem = view->get_element( 'I1').          " Set focus on input 1 initially   

endcase.

I debugged, It is going toWDDOMODIFYVIEW method

Switch off debugging and just run the application and see. I tested the same and it's working.

If not, please let us know which browser version you are using.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just adding on a suggestion to do away with CASE statement in WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Have the input fields ids as INP1,INP2, INP3 and the Button ids as INP1_BTN, INP2_BTN, INP3_BTN

1. In your action have the code as  ( LV_INPT_ID  is a view attribute of type string )

wd_this->lv_inpt_id = wdevent->get_string( name = 'ID ').
wd_this->lv_inpt_id = wd_this->lv_inpt_id(4).

2. In your WDDOMODIFYVIEW , just add 1 line

view->request_focus_on_view_elem( view->get_element( wd_this->lv_inpt_id ) ).

This works for me !!

Regards,

Shibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

Thanks a lot for ur response & unstanding the issue.

But still focus/cursor  is not getting set on input field based on action.

Can u suggest what w'd be the reason behind it ??

Does it is becoz of error message I m reporting on view or smthing else. Once again I repeat wht I did.

I have declared a attribute name 'action' type string in attribute tab of  view .

then in all three event handler action method I have written

wd_this->action = wdevent->get_string( name = 'ID '). " here getting Button id name (B1) on variable 'wd_this->action'.

And in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method I have written.

CASE wd_this->action.

when 'B1'.   " here B1 is the ID name of button1

WHEN 'B2'.

lr_elem = view->get_element( 'I2').

WHEN OTHERS.

ENDCASE.

When application reload cursor goes on input field I1 ie ok. But

Now when button2(id name B2) is triggered cursor is not set to I2 (input fild id name).

I m having IE8 as browser. pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

view->request_focus_on_view_elem( view->get_element( wd_this->lv_inpt_id ) ).

This line gives syntax error abt wd_this->lv_inpt_id . Even i have declared lv_inpt_id as attribute type string. and wht u said.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it is becoz of error message I m reporting on view or smthing else.

Ah.. Yes. You should have mentioned this earlier .

When you display messages the focus will be moved to the message area. Comment the code to display message and try, it will work.

Which method you are using to display message? If you want to highlight the input field ( focus will not be set) use REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_ERROR_MESSAGE.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Kiran,

Is there is any way where we can report message (either success or error) on view as well as focus will also Set on desire input field ??

And How to remove/deactivate  search help from input field of  view  without removing dictionary structure ?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there is any way where we can report message (either success or error) on view as well as focus will also Set on desire input field ??

No. If you are using few input fields( one or two ) a work around could be, without using message manager and creating a Text view with semantic color - 'negative' and bind the text of text view UI to an attribute and set the error text to that text view in the action handler of button. ( focus will be set in I/P but you will not see the icon for error message )

And How to remove/deactivate  search help from input field of  view  without removing dictionary structure ?

In the context, select the required attribute to which you want to remove the search help, Under properties change the 'Input Help Mode' property from 'Automatic' to 'Deactivated'.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagat,

1. Create an attribute in your view called lr_view of type if_wd_view

2. In WDDOMODIFYVIEW

*   This is to store the view parameter of wddomodifyview in lr_view, so that it can be used in our button actions

IF FIRST_TIME = abap_true.
         wd_this->lr_view = view.
      ENDIF.

3. In your action1 / action2 / action3 use below code with appropriate id for input field

DATA: lr_view_ele TYPE ref to if_wd_view_element.

lr_view_ele = wd_this->lr_view->get_element('INPUT1').

wd_this->lr_view->request_focus_on_view_elem( exporting view_element = lr_view_ele ).

Regards,

Shibin

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmkrit,

The following logic helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for reply

What you are suggesting the focus will be set on one input field ATT1 <attribute name>.

But I want to Set focus/cursor on the desire input field based  on action trigger by the user.

Can any body help me how to capture element in event handler onaction method and set focus in WDDOMODIFYVIEW.